Blend Door Actuators

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 06:52 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Blend Door Actuators

Steve - please include me with any details of changing the "hard" one.. I did the right-side floor actuator and of course that wasn't the defective one. I could not find any good details on how to get to the other one so this would be most appreciated!

FEH08,
David

Old 05-16-2011, 10:01 PM
hybrid lymon

I have an '09. It has been wonderful up until the first of this year (2011). Since January, my "Lymon" has been in the shop 4 times: two times for the part that switches from gas to electric and back (autuator?), once because the wrench icon came on and this last time, for nearly two weeks, because something went out on the brakes.

My question is: SHOULD I DUMP THIS LYMON??? I have a 100,000 mile warrenty. I have 41,000 miles on the car now. Ford only makes me pay $100.00 deductable each time but I'm worried about ending up on some highway in the middle nowhere with a broken car. Is it possible the car will get better in the future or is this just a taste of things to come? Suggestions???

Old 05-17-2011, 07:09 AM
Active Enthusiast

I have mine in to the stealership right now and to prove to the service adviser that i'm not crazy, I left the vehicle running when pulling it into the service bay, called him into the vehicle, turned off the HVAC system and he heard it too. Took him for a quick little jaunt in EV and sure enough, the popping noise was coming from the back window. Blend door actuators all around is sounds like.

Old 05-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Enthusiast

Bump for Steve, or if anyone else got the details on how to access and change out the middle console actuator could you PLEASE send it my way?

Thanks,
daggerNC

Old 05-26-2011, 08:07 PM
Enthusiast

Hi, i m also have this noise, I thought it a climate, but this noise goes and when it is turned off. may be it is pump of climat?

Old 06-01-2011, 09:02 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Blend Door Actuators//new noise...help please

Hey everyone...I hate to beat a dead horse here but I have an 07 Mariner Hybrid that I have been getting for months now the Service Soon light...I discovered that was the rear blend door actuator after researching online...and bought the part but haven't replaced it yet....

Now I have a rattle under my hood when Im driving...seems to be from small bumps in the road...doesnt do it while sitting still..I can't figure out where its coming from...and the Service Soon light hasn't been on in a while...but I have gotten the Master Vehicle Electrical Hazard Warning Lamp indicator twice in the last 2 weeks...which sounds like what you all are talking about again...the blend door actuator....

Would the rattle be the other actuator? Are there 2 total? One under the front and one in the back?

Thanks so much! I'm trying to stay away from a dealer.....

Old 09-01-2011, 09:41 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SteveSkal
Part # is AL8Z-19E616-F

Both Actuators up front have the same PN, the one in the rear for the battery has a different PN though I have found out.
Hi Steve, I just bought mine an 06 and the dealer wants to charge me 1000 bucks for the replacement. They say it is the actuator motor on the hybrid battery. Is that what you have part numbers and directions for? Or is it just the actuator doors? Any assistance you can offer would be great. Thanks.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:15 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default TSB for heater actuators

I found this on another site, it is a TSB for heating problems on FEH built before 12/2008. I thought it might help someone with a fix, although all of these FEH are likely out of warranty now.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/fo..._174107_A1.pdf

Old 11-12-2011, 09:12 AM
Enthusiast

Stevedebi,

Thanks for the TSB link. I printed it off and took it to my Ford dealer and that was the exact part they replaced. I have a 2009 FEH with 31k miles and a build date of Oct 22, 2008.

Now I get to see how long this replacement part lasts before the coffee starts purcolating again...

Old 12-04-2011, 05:34 AM
Enthusiast

Just got a quote from the dealer. They couldn't get the sound to happen (surprise surprise) but said if I want to replace these it would be 99 total for the left and over 300 for the right. half hour labour for the left, and 3 h for the right.

Apart from the annoying noise things are still working so no rush so far...

Quick Reply: Blend Door Actuators

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands