Blower motor replacement

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 01:17 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Blower motor replacement

Good afternoon everyone,

Its been a long while since i've posted but i'm back with a question regarding the blower motor.

Last xmas while visiting the inlaws, I had the unfortunate duty of driving my father-in-law to the emergency room. It was brutally cold out (-27c) and unfortunately my blower motor decided to die en-route to the hospital. Thank goodness for heated seats!!

Because it was the Christmas season, the Ford dealerships were all closed and I had to take it to a shop (not my normal mechanic, they were 800km away) and they ended up replacing the blower motor with a noisy after market unit which sounds like it is always rubbing on the housing.

That being said, i'm going to buy a FoMoCo blower motor and new resister (just to be safe) and replace them myself however, i've been unable to find any video's on how to replace the motor itself. There are lots on how to replace the blower motor resistor, but alas, not the motor.

Does anyone have any documentation or can point me towards a youtube video on how to replace the blower motor itself on an 08 FEH?

P.S. Father in law is fine