Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Blower motor went out but started again after restarting at night (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/blower-motor-went-out-but-started-again-after-restarting-night-28373/)

hondarider90 12-04-2012 08:07 PM

Blower motor went out but started again after restarting at night

Drove my truck to work this morning and the blower motor seemed to only be working on the lowest speed, which is odd, when they fail they normally fail high. I couldn't get it to do anything more than have a very light "breath" against my hand the whole way to work. After work it was working fine and has worked all day with no problems. It is equipped with climate control.

wptski 12-05-2012 04:43 AM

Re: Blower motor went out but started again after restarting at night

Originally Posted by hondarider90 (Post 245779)
Drove my truck to work this morning and the blower motor seemed to only be working on the lowest speed, which is odd, when they fail they normally fail high. I couldn't get it to do anything more than have a very light "breath" against my hand the whole way to work. After work it was working fine and has worked all day with no problems. It is equipped with climate control.

Most of the time that's the blower motor resistor located behind the glove box. A easy DIY and a cheap part.

hondarider90 12-05-2012 06:09 PM

Well, everything I've seen on the resistor says that it will fail high, not just outright not work.

GatorJ 12-06-2012 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by hondarider90 (Post 245796)
Well, everything I've seen on the resistor says that it will fail high, not just outright not work.

He doesn't have a FEH, has no idea where the FEH's resistor is located or what's wrong with your vehicle.

wptski 12-07-2012 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by GatorJ (Post 245811)
He doesn't have a FEH, has no idea where the FEH's resistor is located or what's wrong with your vehicle.

You know or maybe you don't, somethings are the same for all Escapes.

Is your glovebox located in a different spot? Is your console between the front seats? Do you have four wheels? Is your rearend in the rear? Is your 4WD system different? Shall I go on?

The blower motor resistor is more than likely located in the same place. Since you didn't say, I guess you really don't know.

Your comment doesn't help at all.