Go Back  GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > Ford Motor Company > Ford Escape Hybrid
Blower motor went out but started again after restarting at night >

Blower motor went out but started again after restarting at night

Blower motor went out but started again after restarting at night

  #1  
Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Active Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 91
Default Blower motor went out but started again after restarting at night

Drove my truck to work this morning and the blower motor seemed to only be working on the lowest speed, which is odd, when they fail they normally fail high. I couldn't get it to do anything more than have a very light "breath" against my hand the whole way to work. After work it was working fine and has worked all day with no problems. It is equipped with climate control.
 
  #2  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:43 AM
Imported from Detroit
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,051
Default Re: Blower motor went out but started again after restarting at night

Originally Posted by hondarider90 View Post
Drove my truck to work this morning and the blower motor seemed to only be working on the lowest speed, which is odd, when they fail they normally fail high. I couldn't get it to do anything more than have a very light "breath" against my hand the whole way to work. After work it was working fine and has worked all day with no problems. It is equipped with climate control.
Most of the time that's the blower motor resistor located behind the glove box. A easy DIY and a cheap part.
 
  #3  
Old 12-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Active Enthusiast
Thread Starter
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 91
Default Re: Blower motor went out but started again after restarting at night

Well, everything I've seen on the resistor says that it will fail high, not just outright not work.
 
  #4  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:32 PM
GatorJ's Avatar
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 402
Default Re: Blower motor went out but started again after restarting at night

Originally Posted by hondarider90 View Post
Well, everything I've seen on the resistor says that it will fail high, not just outright not work.

He doesn't have a FEH, has no idea where the FEH's resistor is located or what's wrong with your vehicle.
 
  #5  
Old 12-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Imported from Detroit
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 1,051
Default Re: Blower motor went out but started again after restarting at night

Originally Posted by GatorJ View Post
He doesn't have a FEH, has no idea where the FEH's resistor is located or what's wrong with your vehicle.
You know or maybe you don't, somethings are the same for all Escapes.

Is your glovebox located in a different spot? Is your console between the front seats? Do you have four wheels? Is your rearend in the rear? Is your 4WD system different? Shall I go on?

The blower motor resistor is more than likely located in the same place. Since you didn't say, I guess you really don't know.

Your comment doesn't help at all.
 
Related Topics
Thread
Topic Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
kevinschultz
HCH II-Specific Discussions
3
09-24-2014 10:17 AM
GreenHybrid Editor
Journalism & The Media
0
08-28-2013 05:40 AM
holyearth
Ford Escape Hybrid
1
10-15-2012 11:01 AM
Eskimonio
Toyota Camry Hybrid
7
08-26-2007 10:35 PM
MoJoWryter
Honda Civic Hybrid
4
06-23-2005 12:52 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Blower motor went out but started again after restarting at night


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.