Brake System Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Brake System Trouble

Originally Posted by TheBundo
The ScanGauve won't retrieve trouble codes?
I have not yet ever seen a code on my ScanGauge, and I have an old SGI and the newest SGII with newest firmware available.

I HAVE had many codes retrieved by my dealer, and I have even had some warnings on the dash... never ever on the SG,

Old 02-08-2008, 11:25 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Most likely they performed the TSB 06-22-1. Not clear as to what causes it but it sets a C1475 trouble code. Then any time you depress the brake it will turn on the abs hydraulic pump. Yours did not need the new brake controller that is why they "flashed" the module and put some special grease in the connector to keep water out. I don't know why they flushed the brakes, but you most likely needed them flushed because of the age of the fluid. Was the TSB covered under warranty?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:28 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

John and all
the SG will only retrieve the OBDII generic trouble codes that pertain to the emissions. No ABS, TRANS or Smart Junction Box codes.

Old 02-08-2008, 11:52 AM
Active Enthusiast

Depending on how you bleed the brakes, you may have to flush the entire system to ensure there isn't any air in the lines, or if any water somehow got into the system. The invoice lists a "universal lubricant" too, which they probably used to keep water and corrosion out of the connector.

While it wasn't covered under the original vehicle warranty (expired 9000 miles ago) or the hybrid warranty, it was covered under my Ford extended service plan. Between the service and the rental for 2 days, it only cost me $140--$100 deductible, $30 for rental car insurance and $10 in gas. That's about half of what it would have cost had I not had the ESP.

Last edited by AntoineWG; 02-08-2008 at 12:12 PM.