Breaking the estimated MPG on SUV's

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Breaking the estimated MPG on SUV's

Pressure raises the boiling point... Vacuum reduces it.

Look at Air Conditioning. A lot of people think that the system gets vacuumed for 20-30 minutes when it is opened (even seasoned technicians) so that all of the oil and water gets 'sucked' out. The simple truth is that this isn't possible. Regardless of vacuum, unless the lines and hoses collapse any oil or moisture collected at the bottom of the system will remain at the bottom.

Moisture DOES get 'sucked out' in a way... not like drinking through a straw, but because the vacuum decreases the boiling point, allowing the water to become vapor at room temperature. Because it is now vapor, it is allowed to get sucked up into the machine.

Wow this thread sure did get hijacked, didn't it? Really I just wanted to ask Danoby one simple question:

Where/How did you get a Mazda Tribute Hybrid?

Old 08-07-2008, 10:20 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Breaking the estimated MPG on SUV's

I got my Mazda Tribute Hybrid in the State that sells it. CALIFORNIA. Why?? don't know. What I do know is that I live in Las Vegas and wanted one really bad. So I signed up online with a couple of mazda dealers. (Browning Mazda) and stated when they get one in stock give me a call. a month later they called. within 24 hours I drove and bought me a hybrid, this all happened around Sept, 07. No regrets. If any, from my neighbors who all drive gas guzzlers that can't even fit in the garage. What's up with that?
<P>
I even got a good deal! a $3000.00 instant rebate, plus don't forget the addition $3000.00 credit from the Gov.!
Name:  370245-R1-021-9_009.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  108.8 KB