Buzzing/Clicking noise behind dash

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 09:50 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Buzzing/Clicking noise behind dash

PLEASE can someone send me detailed instructions on how to remove the dash section to get to the blend door motor in the center of the console??? Thanks!

Old 09-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Enthusiast

1. I have an 09 Mariner Hybrid. After 4 visits, the dealer replaced the blend door actuator and the noise stopped (my wife called it a "cricket in the dash").
  2. Now I hear a gurgling noise in the same place whenever the heat kicks in. It sound like a slow leak in a radiator. The dealer gave me some tale about a coolant source in the hybrid battery that connects with the heater. He says this thing causes the noise and it is "normal".
  3. Has anybody experienced this?

Old 09-07-2011, 06:51 PM
Enthusiast

This is an ancient and great thread.
I started having the CD-ROM boot noise a few months ago. The AC was working fine, but I have little heat. Now that we are into September I better get it fixed...

Old 02-03-2012, 10:18 AM
Enthusiast

I know this thread is old, but it came in handy. I have an '09 Mazda Tribute Hybrid with pretty low miles (30k). A few months ago, I started having the same "percolating" sounds when using the temperature controls as everyone else on this post. With your help, I was able to bring info to the Ford/Mazda dealer to get attention on the matter. Because the noise happened fairly randomly, it did take about 4 weeks and 8 visits to get it fixed. But they finally got it fixed, and it is working fine now. They replaced several things over the 4 weeks (including the blend actuator doors), but the noise finally went away when they replaced both of the "Diaphragm, Servos". The info on my bill was:

Part number is: MAZ ZZEA-61-B8Z
Quantity: 2
Note: NSTK
Description: Diaphragm, Servo
Cost: $13.60/ each

This work was still under warranty for me, so everything they tried was covered (including the buffing out/detailing my dash after they put huge scratches in it). But for this final fix, it showed the total charge for parts & labor would have been about $69. We are in Southern California, so your prices might be different. Anyway, just want to say thanks to all for posting and hope this helps someone else along the way!