C-Max Hybrid = 2013 Escape Hybrid ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 08:28 AM
Default Re: C-Max Hybrid = 2013 Escape Hybrid ?

Okay, I found that the two plug-in stations in my wife's work parking lot are part of a public system. You use a access card to activate charging and deactivate charging when finished. I'm sure you pay by the hour and are charged like a credit card.

In addition, the town of Jupiter has installed two free charging stations at the Town Hall as part of a Green Town grant.

I'm reading that the '14 model year cannot be ordered till December, so that may force me to go with a '13 C-Max Energi that can no longer be ordered. I like the Platinum White exterior and 302A package. Next, I need to get a X-Plan pin and find a dealership that will except it. Ford has already sent me a $750 private cash offer, but it ends 5/31/13.

My wife is sold on the idea of the new vehicle if I can make it happen.

GaryG

Old 05-06-2013, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by GaryG
Okay, I found that the two plug-in stations in my wife's work parking lot are part of a public system. You use a access card to activate charging and deactivate charging when finished. I'm sure you pay by the hour and are charged like a credit card.

In addition, the town of Jupiter has installed two free charging stations at the Town Hall as part of a Green Town grant.

I'm reading that the '14 model year cannot be ordered till December, so that may force me to go with a '13 C-Max Energi that can no longer be ordered. I like the Platinum White exterior and 302A package. Next, I need to get a X-Plan pin and find a dealership that will except it. Ford has already sent me a $750 private cash offer, but it ends 5/31/13.

My wife is sold on the idea of the new vehicle if I can make it happen.

GaryG
Got an X-PLAN PIN today and my dealer will except it on a C-Max Energi. I plan to get the NADA from my credit Union on my '09 FEH and list it for sale for that amount ASAP. Also, taking my '09 FEH to my dealer for an inspection in the next few days.

GaryG

Old 05-07-2013, 03:28 PM

Got an X-PLAN PIN today and my dealer will except it on a C-Max Energi. I plan to get the NADA from my credit Union on my '09 FEH and list it for sale for that amount ASAP. Also, taking my '09 FEH to my dealer for an inspection in the next few days.

GaryG
My Dealer found a C-Max Energi with the 302A package in Platinum White just like I wanted. It has been shipped by rail to one of their stores in Orlando (about 180 mile away). I put a down payment on it today, so it's sold to me. I put in a tracking request at blueoval.com to confirm it's location and status. I did get X-Plan pricing and the $750 private cash from Ford, which was $1780.15 off sticker for X-Plan and $750 off for private cash. This brings down the sticker of $36,355.00 to $33,824.85. Invoice on this vehicle is $34,437.60, so I got it for $613.60 under invoice. Not bad for a plug-in hybrid capable of going 85mph in EV.

The Credit Union pre-approved my load today also and gave me NADA amounts for my '09 FEH. Retail is $23,000, trade-in value is $18,500 - $19,500.

GaryG

Old 05-07-2013, 04:06 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

My Dealer found a C-Max Energi with the 302A package in Platinum White just like I wanted. It has been shipped by rail to one of their stores in Orlando (about 180 mile away). I put a down payment on it today, so it's sold to me. I put in a tracking request at blueoval.com to confirm it's location and status. I did get X-Plan pricing and the $750 private cash from Ford, which was $1780.15 off sticker for X-Plan and $750 off for private cash. This brings down the sticker of $36,355.00 to $33,824.85. Invoice on this vehicle is $34,437.60, so I got it for $613.60 under invoice. Not bad for a plug-in hybrid capable of going 85mph in EV.

The Credit Union pre-approved my load today also and gave me NADA amounts for my '09 FEH. Retail is $23,000, trade-in value is $18,500 - $19,500.

GaryG
Sweet deal, I'd say.

What is an X-plan?

Old 05-07-2013, 04:11 PM

And, have any of you noticed that a 302A C-Max Energi is actually window stickered a bit LOWER than a comparably equipped 2013 Escape ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think that means that we broke even on gas savings before we even bought the cars !!!

Old 05-07-2013, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Smilin' Jack
Sweet deal, I'd say.

What is an X-plan?
Ford has a number of Plans that limit the dealers in negotiating pricing. They also limit the amounts they can charge for fees. If the dealer agrees to accept the terms under the different plans, they can or refuse selling a vehicle for order or stock. The sticker price of $36,355.00 is limited to A&Z Plan to $33,113.60, D Plan is $33,213.60 and X-Plan is $34,574.85. It depends on your relationship with Ford as to what plan you can get a PIN (personal ID number) for. I know a Ford employee that can get his friends and family a X-Plan from Ford. He may be able to get himself a A Plan to buy a Ford. This is a way to protect employees and friends from getting ripped off by dealers. I've purchased my '11 Explorer, '12 Focus and now this C-Max Energi with an X-Plan PIN from my friend. There are many rules from Ford for giving out one of these Plans, and I follow the rules.

GaryG

Old 05-07-2013, 06:33 PM
Imported from Detroit

Ford has a number of Plans that limit the dealers in negotiating pricing. They also limit the amounts they can charge for fees. If the dealer agrees to accept the terms under the different plans, they can or refuse selling a vehicle for order or stock. The sticker price of $36,355.00 is limited to A&Z Plan to $33,113.60, D Plan is $33,213.60 and X-Plan is $34,574.85. It depends on your relationship with Ford as to what plan you can get a PIN (personal ID number) for. I know a Ford employee that can get his friends and family a X-Plan from Ford. He may be able to get himself a A Plan to buy a Ford. This is a way to protect employees and friends from getting ripped off by dealers. I've purchased my '11 Explorer, '12 Focus and now this C-Max Energi with an X-Plan PIN from my friend. There are many rules from Ford for giving out one of these Plans, and I follow the rules.

GaryG
Back some years ago there was a lot of abuse in those plans in my area and/or the Ford plant that I worked at. They were being sold for a price and some salary personal lost their jobs because of this. Some people at local dealers were in on the scam as well. On some vehicles the plan discounts are much higher. Paying hundreds could save lots more off sticker price.

I've heard that even though they cracked down some underhanded stuff still goes on.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:33 PM
Active Enthusiast

The last time I checked, there was a $7500.00 Federal Tax Credit for the C-Max Hybrid.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Billyk24
The last time I checked, there was a $7500.00 Federal Tax Credit for the C-Max Hybrid.
I wish that was the case Billy, do you have a link?

GaryG

Old 05-08-2013, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Billyk24
No, the federal tax credit for the Ford PHEVS is currently $3751. It's still $7500 for some other PHEV like the Chevy Volt though. More info is at fueleconomy.gov.
I think this is a function of the # hybrids sold in the US by a manufacturer, notice the Prius PHEV's credit is $2500.

Quick Reply: C-Max Hybrid = 2013 Escape Hybrid ?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands