C-Max Hybrid = 2013 Escape Hybrid ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 02:11 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: C-Max Hybrid = 2013 Escape Hybrid ?

Glad to hear you are setting all kinds of records. I hope you and your dealership keep in touch with FORD Motor Company about your performance records in the real world. It seems as if you might be able to help FORD improve on their hybrid mode performance in the C-Max.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Billyk24
Glad to hear you are setting all kinds of records. I hope you and your dealership keep in touch with FORD Motor Company about your performance records in the real world. It seems as if you might be able to help FORD improve on their hybrid mode performance in the C-Max.
Ford has already assigned two representatives from Canada and the US to monitor the C-Max Energi Owner's Forum. They monitor weekdays and chime in if we have any questions or problems. I wish they would have provided this service on GH, but we were never provided or offered this service here. If we have a problem with a dealer or just ask technical questions about oil or operating systems, She has us PM her with our VIN and name, and she gets us the answers from Ford Engineers or the dealer we are using.

Ford has gotten serious about making plug-in hybrid owners happy. I'm not the only hypermiler around, but I'm sure Ford is looking at the results some of us are getting and not getting.

I'm back searching Ford Patents to get more information about the "OIL Maintenance Mode", "Fuel Freshness Mode" and the new sealed gas tanks they're using in the plug-in Energi's. The sealed gas tanks help emissions and helps keep the gas fresh. You press the gas door button and the vapor pressure is cleaned before the gas door opens. Neat stuff!

Gary

Old 02-27-2014, 03:46 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

One problem is that the more pressurized aspects are designed into fuel systems, the worse the fire that can result from an accident or failed component. Say you roll upside down in to an accident, rupture a fuel line, and the pressure keeps forcing gas out starting and fueling a fire. Occupants trapped or unconscious inside die horrible deaths.

Old 02-27-2014, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by xspirit
One problem is that the more pressurized aspects are designed into fuel systems, the worse the fire that can result from an accident or failed component. Say you roll upside down in to an accident, rupture a fuel line, and the pressure keeps forcing gas out starting and fueling a fire. Occupants trapped or unconscious inside die horrible deaths.
The new sealed tanks have thicker steel, but all vehicles now days have a fuel pump shutoff switch that has to manually be reset after a bad accident. Also, a sealed gas tank is less likely to leak fuel in a rollover because the fill tube is sealed until released by the PCM.

Gary

Old 02-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
The new sealed tanks have thicker steel, but all vehicles now days have a fuel pump shutoff switch that has to manually be reset after a bad accident. Also, a sealed gas tank is less likely to leak fuel in a rollover because the fill tube is sealed until released by the PCM.

Gary
That's certainly good to know. Thanks for the current information.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Guys, if you look in the FORD forum, you will find a sticky for C Max owners (and Energi) to post their cars to get a sub forum started. No one ever posted.....

evois will add one if you can get some of you started in there.....