can i get help in my ford escape 2005 EV system

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 08:14 AM
Default Re: can i get help in my ford escape 2005 EV system

Originally Posted by sweidans
hey every body ive came from the mechanic right now, we discovered that the A/C compressor run even the A/C control is off, is that normal
if its not , whats wrong, what should i check ??

please i have a headache today of going from one to one

please hellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lpppppppppp
There are two A/C systems in your '05 FEH and the cabin A/C is the only one you can turn OFF and ON. The other A/C system runs the same compressor for the AUX A/C to cool the HV battery when ever it needs to cool the battery when it gets hot and is controlled by the computers only. If the compressor is going ON and OFF real fast by it self you may have a leak and are low on freon. This is why I ask you if the cabin A/C is blowing cold A/C. If the A/C has a leak and is low on freon this will also cause the battery to get to hot and prevent EV just like a bad M/E pump.

GaryG

Old 04-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Active Enthusiast

great mr. perfect GrayG, u are really good

ill put some freon by tomorrow,
u know when i run the A/C there is cold air comming, but im not too convinced of the A/C i feel its not that cold comparing with my EX-car even my kids in the back seats not feeling that cold

plus man,
ive noticed a procedure to check the system by pressing the odometer button and swich on the car, and i read about the HV battery temperature it was - by the check reading - 44c , and as they said - and u were one of the paricipants in that conservation in the forum-
that it should be the HV battery temperature is 30c to work probably , am i right in this information ??

im sorry man for my questions but today ive spent 4 hours at the mechanic and nothing happens just discovering the A/C compressor always working , again is it ok to run all the time man ??? i think now, right ?? and ive disconnect the compressor , am i right ??

something else my friend, when i touched the two freon pipes beneath the driver seat - under the car - one of them is cold and the other is normal

Last edited by sweidans; 04-14-2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: adding some information
Old 04-14-2010, 12:16 PM

Saleem, just took my '05 FEH to the dealership this morning because my A/C was not working as cold as it should also. When the freon is low, there is a leak somewhere like the compressor. Just got a call from the Service department and they said I need a new compressor. My '05 FEH has 66,000 miles and I was expecting the compressor or something to go bad at any time. My A/C was blowing cool air but not as cold as it should. With my cabin A/C OFF I could hear the compressor going ON and OFF to much for the battery. This is called compressor cycling and is caused by low freon.

I don't have the proper equipment to change the compressor and refill the freon to the proper amount of pressure so I am letting the Ford dealership service department do the work. They gave me a price of ~$950.00 for a new compressor and the work. When the A/C compressor is not working properly because of low freon, you will burn more gas in a FEH because the compressor is constantly cycling ON and OFF and not cooling the battery. So find the leak and fix it right before adding freon because it sounds like that is your EV problem also. Yes, your battery is getting to hot.

GaryG

Old 04-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Active Enthusiast

got it man, ill see if there is leak in freon, and add more,
but u know i believe in something, here in jordan we bought cars from USA that been parcked for along time and it may be not using the AC for along of time, plus that it needs about 3 months to ship from USA to Jordan ,

and as i know if the AC didnt work more than 6 months then it will loose freon,

each car i bought i did add some freon in it and work great and very cold , if there is cold air blowing then the compressor is working - in logic - i think so !!!!

ill check it tomorrow and ill tell u, i hope that it will be the only problem,

man, im new in hybrid, ive bought this vehicle on march, and i hope it will be good

Old 04-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Active Enthusiast

Mr. Gray G, hello once again

please i really need ur help now ,
ive changed the whole freon in the AC and added new, now the AC running on and off and this is normal , but still cant go in EV mode

when i put my hand at the door of ventilation lays in the back left side ( where the small battery filter ) i didnt feel any flow in air, is that normal ??

and we've checked the battery cooling fans we didnt hear any voice or feel any air !!!

after that we stopped checking till i ask u ??

is it easy to take off the battery cover and see the cooling fans ??????

please i need ur help , am i at the right side till now ??

Old 04-15-2010, 04:31 PM
Enthusiast

I think this could help you a lot

You can have access to the Workshop manual and the wiring manual for $20US for 1 month and save everything you want in PDF

http://www.helminc.com/helm/search_s...&class%5F2=FRD

Price: $19.95 Subscription available to view online after purchase and member sign in.
Pkg Qty: 1
(English, Online Service Information, FCS2005EHWEBM)
http://www.helminc.com/helm/Result.a...ected%5Fmedia=

Your subscription to service information includes, workshop, wiring, Powertrain Control/Emission Diagnosis and Technical Service Bulletins. Workshop Information; Includes comprehensive instructions, procedures, approved specifications and detailed illustrations. Wiring Information; Includes component locations, circuit descriptions and troubleshooting hints. PC/ED Information; Provides engine diagnostic procedures in conjunction with the workshop and wiring diagram manuals. Technical Service Bulletins; Provides latest revisions to service procedures

Last edited by Quebec; 04-15-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by sweidans
Mr. Gray G, hello once again

please i really need ur help now ,
ive changed the whole freon in the AC and added new, now the AC running on and off and this is normal , but still cant go in EV mode

when i put my hand at the door of ventilation lays in the back left side ( where the small battery filter ) i didnt feel any flow in air, is that normal ??

and we've checked the battery cooling fans we didnt hear any voice or feel any air !!!

after that we stopped checking till i ask u ??

is it easy to take off the battery cover and see the cooling fans ??????

please i need ur help , am i at the right side till now ??
If the compressor is kicking ON and Off (cycling) the freon level is incorrect. If it is normal now, great. If the battery is still getting hot and you can not hear the 2 fans inside the battery housing, you have serious problems in Jordan. The battery housing is not something you should take apart for repair according to the repair manuals but I am hearing it is being done by qualified Ford Techs under certain conditions. The battery control module also must be reprogrammed and I do not think you have the equipment or qualified techs.

There was a recall on the older FEH that Ford approved the Techs to replace a defective wiring harness inside the battery housing and reprogram the battery control module under warranty. I had this work done on my '05 FEH but I've heard Ford is not repairing the fans if the FEH was not taken in for the repair after a certain date which has passed now. This may be your problem now. The fans are part of the battery cooling system and would cause an EV problem after the battery gets hot.

GaryG

Old 04-16-2010, 01:45 AM
Active Enthusiast

oh Jesus, so i have to foget about checking the battery pack ,

dear , do i have any options to connect an auxilliary fans outside the battery to force the cold air to goes inside the battery housing without removing the battery cover ??

and another thing about the AC compressor, before adding freon it was always On but now i think - if im right - its goes On for a while and then Off for a while i think this is reasonable , right ??

please man be patient with me i really need ur help man

Old 04-16-2010, 09:13 AM

Saleem, the fans only work when the engine is running and shut OFF in EV. The blend door next to the battery filter shuts when the key is OFF also. This is a complex cooling system so an AUX fan on the outside would not work. There are fail safe systems to stop the battery from working and over heating so any modifications may cause other problems. I'm not sure replacing the original fans is even possible or will solve your problem. I don't think the fans are sold separately from the battery pack as a unit either. Same thing with the harness they replaced in my FEH. My understanding is that if something goes wrong inside the battery housing the battery must be replaced as a unit.

From what you are saying your A/C is working correctly but I can't tell without seeing it. I got my '05 FEH back yesterday and I know it works great now and blows cold cabin air again. Does your cabin A/C blow colder air now?

GaryG

Old 04-16-2010, 11:51 AM
Active Enthusiast

yes man its blowing colder air than before its good now , and today i was looking at the battery gauge at the odometer screen, its getting hot till 40 - 44 C , but never goes up or down, i didnt see it after 2 hours driving below 40 or more than 44 ,

is there any thermostat controlling the temperature ??

by the way man, whats ur work ?? are u mechanic ?

Quick Reply: can i get help in my ford escape 2005 EV system

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands