can i get help in my ford escape 2005 EV system

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 06:06 AM
Default Re: can i get help in my ford escape 2005 EV system

Originally Posted by sweidans
man i think i can feel some air at the back side of the battery ventilation , and when i press the odometer button and switch the key on, i can press it again and see the ( BT ) value, which is starts at almost 25c and after an 1 hour drive it becomes 44c at most and never exceeds this value, and i think its the battery temperature, right ??

Gray, is there any thermostat controlling the battery cooling ???
Yes, the AUX A/C is used to maintain a specific temperature range of the HV battery. There are 2 internal fans in the HVTB that circulate climate controlled air within the HVTB so it can maintain a specific temperature range. A battery compartment thermistor is hardwired in the HVTB for the battery compartment temperature input. The blend door actuator controls whether the air flowing into the battery compartment is fresh air or recirculated air. A battery thermal expansion solenoid valve also controls the refrigerant pressure, thereby controlling the air temperature. Also, a failure of any of the internal HVTB climate control components/circuitry causes a DTC to be flagged.

Make sure your A/C is blowing cold enough air: Note, with the cabin A/C stabilized with the engine running at 2,000 RPM, place a thermometer in the center outlet vents and monitor the outlet temperature. Is the outlet temperature between 0C - 9C (32F - 48F)?

GaryG

Old 04-19-2010, 10:13 AM
Active Enthusiast

ok , when i put my hand through the back blend door and my hand will be near the back refrigerator ( for the battery cooling ) it was very cold really but i didnt measure the temperature there,

im really having headache man

i did everything and nothing found!! am i using the vehical in a wrong way ??

can u use the EV all time of day ?? even in hot weather ??

listen, today i let my 7 yrs old boy sitting back and i opened the ventilation door and let him put his hand in the blend door, and when i accelerate he felt of flow comming in, so whats wrong ??

is 10.7L/100km is normal for ford escape 2005 4x4 car ?? is it wasting gasoline ?? is it normal ??

is there any big deference than any other readings ??

Old 04-19-2010, 01:49 PM

ok , when i put my hand through the back blend door and my hand will be near the back refrigerator ( for the battery cooling ) it was very cold really but i didnt measure the temperature there,

im really having headache man

i did everything and nothing found!! am i using the vehical in a wrong way ??

can u use the EV all time of day ?? even in hot weather ??

listen, today i let my 7 yrs old boy sitting back and i opened the ventilation door and let him put his hand in the blend door, and when i accelerate he felt of flow comming in, so whats wrong ??

is 10.7L/100km is normal for ford escape 2005 4x4 car ?? is it wasting gasoline ?? is it normal ??

is there any big deference than any other readings ??
First of all, you should not be prying the blend door open because this could damage the door and actuator gear. My request was to check the cabin temperature center vent A/C to make sure the freon charge was correct for both systems. If you got a temperature reading of 0C - 9C the freon pressure was good.

The 10.7L/100km sounds okay for a AWD FEH but I'd be more concerned about the battery temperature. You should be able to go EV in hot weather after the AUX A/C is cooling the battery correctly. The PCM engine idle will kick up to run the compressor faster in real hot weather to keep the battery in the correct temperature range. Extremely hot weather will prevent EV if it over powers the AUX A/C.

GaryG

Old 04-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Active Enthusiast

ok ill see the temperature and tell u man, but as i told u thebattery temperature never goes more than 44c !!! and plus that my car is always under sun, for example todays' temperature is about 30c in shadow, and my car under sun !!!!!

but im really confused man

Old 04-20-2010, 04:26 AM

ok ill see the temperature and tell u man, but as i told u thebattery temperature never goes more than 44c !!! and plus that my car is always under sun, for example todays' temperature is about 30c in shadow, and my car under sun !!!!!

but im really confused man
A battery temperature over 38C (100F) is to hot. I drive in EV all the time with no problem in a outside temperature of 36C and more.

GaryG

Old 04-20-2010, 09:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

so that im so confused man, what can i do , what should i do man !!
A/C is working, fans are working, coolant pump is working, no error codes appears , am i bought a mysterious space ship ???

where is the thermostat controlling the battery temperature lays ???

i check all relays and fuses, they all working and ok ???

and the battery temperature appears when u press the odometer rest and switch on the key, the value of ( bt ) is up to 44c at most, is it right thats the battery temperature or not man ???

pleassssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssse
what to do ???????????????????????????????

Last edited by sweidans; 04-20-2010 at 09:17 AM. Reason: adding
Old 04-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Active Enthusiast

dear, if i disconnect the HV battery in other words if i switch the safety switch to off for a while then on, does it need reprogramming ???

Old 04-20-2010, 04:29 PM

dear, if i disconnect the HV battery in other words if i switch the safety switch to off for a while then on, does it need reprogramming ???
Saleem, disconnecting the safety switch does not require any reprogramming.

Have you thought about getting a Scangauge II and trying to program the X-Gauge to identify any DTCs? There is a thread by CarlD on http://www.cleanmpg.com/ that explains how to retrieve DTCs from a FEH.

Try this and see if you understand:
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21291 I don't think I can help you any further at this point.

GaryG

Old 04-20-2010, 10:41 PM
Active Enthusiast

anyway gray , i do really appreciate your help and ur patiance,

man, i know a mechanic got new computer diagnoses for my car, can u tell me what exactly to check by computer to see if there is errors ??

i think it will be last chance for me