can you send video to nav screen?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Enthusiast
Default can you send video to nav screen?

Hi,
Has anyone figured out how to send video (such as from a backup camera) to the nav screen on 05-07 FEH?

It seems pretty annoying to have to buy another LCD screen for my car when theres a perfectly good one sitting there....

Old 08-30-2008, 05:20 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: can you send video to nav screen?

This might work with the stock Ford system:

Ford Escape Hybrid Radio Ipod/iRiver/MP3 Aux Input
Not compatible with the 2003 and up 6 disc in dash cd changers not equiplled with external cd changer controlling capabilities. Not compatible with vehicles equipped with navigational or factory DVD/RSE. Radio must have SAT button.

The Auxiliary Input Converter connects to the 16 & 24-PIN CD changer data port of your factory radio to create an external auxiliary input that has a pair of left and right RCA audio inputs (see specific vehicle applications below). With this converter installed, you can connect any external audio device that has an audio output directly to your factory radio without using an FM modulator and hear the audio from your factory sound system. Devices such as XM Satellite Radio, VCR, MP3, Video Game Systems, and DVD can be added to the OEM radio without FM modulation.

This information came from this link on e-bay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...mZ330189196518 .
[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Last edited by Billyk; 08-30-2008 at 05:24 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:38 PM
Enthusiast

thats not going to work. he wants to transmit video. that device is for aux audio input.

Old 08-31-2008, 01:03 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

I've checked every pinout ( there's lots of extra pins on the back ) and none are for video input. There are pins for AUX audio input, meant for telephone input.

However, it was not very fun when I tried to wire my Sirius directly that way.
You get audio to all speakers in the car, but you have no pan or fade control in phone mode. Also, you can't use the NAV when in phone mode, so why bother.

I could see PLAYING video on CD ( not DVD ) with a software hack, but there's no input whatsoever.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:28 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Since the thing doens't have DVD video... its likely there isn't even a NTSC converter to change the NTSC signals from a camera into something that can drive the display. I'm afraid you are just out of luck