GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars

GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f26/)
-   -   Can't find info on clearing blend door code. (https://www.greenhybrid.com/forums/f26/cant-find-info-clearing-blend-door-code-25050/)

Lone Ranger 09-15-2010 12:26 AM

Can't find info on clearing blend door code.
 
I thought I saw something about clearing the code on the SG and after searches I can't find the info. Anyone know what to punch into the SG to clear the code?

wptski 09-15-2010 05:06 AM

Re: Can't find info on clearing blend door code.
 
Don't think that the SG-II is hardwired to clear a DTC that it detects. In the past, Desert Dog the resident SG-II expert has posted specific programing to clear a certain code, in my case it was for a 4WD module issue. Desert Dog nolonger posts here due to friction with certain user(s)

Autozone might clear a DTC for you.

A DTC should clear itself after the problem is fixed and some DTCs can "only" be cleared by the PCM, module, etc. that set the DTC and even disconnecting the battery won't clear them.

gpsman1 09-16-2010 11:56 AM

Re: Can't find info on clearing blend door code.
 
A Scan Gauge will clear any code(s) that turn on MIL ( Malfunction Indicator Lights ) on your dash, and make all dash lights go off. Then, you can pass a vehicle inspection. However, to pass a vehicle inspection, the lights need to stay off for 3 or more engine on/off cycles at full engine temperature, etc.

There is a menu item to clear codes that comes up only if you have codes present, so you won't normally see that option.

wptski 09-16-2010 04:17 PM

Re: Can't find info on clearing blend door code.
 

Originally Posted by gpsman1 (Post 227546)
A Scan Gauge will clear any code(s) that turn on MIL ( Malfunction Indicator Lights ) on your dash, and make all dash lights go off. Then, you can pass a vehicle inspection. However, to pass a vehicle inspection, the lights need to stay off for 3 or more engine on/off cycles at full engine temperature, etc.

There is a menu item to clear codes that comes up only if you have codes present, so you won't normally see that option.

I wasn't sure or didn't remember if the SG-II will clear a DTC but you are incorrect about it clearing any DTC. It's in the book that certain codes can't even be cleared even with Ford's IDS. Those can "only" be cleared by the module, etc. that set the DTC.

gpsman1 09-16-2010 06:31 PM

Re: Can't find info on clearing blend door code.
 
It would sure be nice if you knew how to read.
:(
YOU ( Bill ) didn't read correctly what I wrote. Please read again, then you can perhaps correct the errors in your Post #4.

wptski 09-16-2010 08:59 PM

Re: Can't find info on clearing blend door code.
 

Originally Posted by gpsman1 (Post 227559)
It would sure be nice if you knew how to read.
:(
YOU ( Bill ) didn't read correctly what I wrote. Please read again, then you can perhaps correct the errors in your Post #4.

A Scan Gauge will clear any code(s) that turn on MIL ( Malfunction Indicator Lights ) on your dash, and make all dash lights go off


What part of "some DTCs can't be cleared" that you fail to understand? You should reread your own post.

gpsman1 09-18-2010 02:48 PM

Re: Can't find info on clearing blend door code.
 
There are more codes than there are indicator lights, and there are codes that do not turn on indicator lights if the codes are for non-critical issues.

There you go smart a ss, without the smart part I guess.

wptski 09-18-2010 08:29 PM

Re: Can't find info on clearing blend door code.
 

Originally Posted by gpsman1 (Post 227626)
There are more codes than there are indicator lights, and there are codes that do not turn on indicator lights if the codes are for non-critical issues.

There you go smart a ss, without the smart part I guess.

Of course there are more codes than indicator lights.

They are called DTC for Data Trouble Code. A engine damaging DTC will cause the CEL/SEL light to blink. What's a non-critical DTC? How about naming a few? Better yet, why don't you read up on OBD-II first.

All this because you didn't know that there are some DTCs that can't be cleared by any code reader, scanner or disconnecting the battery? Does it hurt that much to be wrong?

Lone Ranger 09-19-2010 01:54 AM

Re: Can't find info on clearing blend door code.
 
The question still remains. The SGII gave me the code for the blend door, however I could not clear the code. Eventually when I took the car in for front end work the dealer ran a scan and subsequently cleared the code. I'd like to know how to clear the blend code or any code from the SGII. Is there a code to clear the code?

If the answer is no, fine.

If the answer is yes, how do I do it? What sequence of commands on the SGII do I activate?

wptski 09-19-2010 07:27 AM

Re: Can't find info on clearing blend door code.
 

Originally Posted by Lone Ranger (Post 227645)
The question still remains. The SGII gave me the code for the blend door, however I could not clear the code. Eventually when I took the car in for front end work the dealer ran a scan and subsequently cleared the code. I'd like to know how to clear the blend code or any code from the SGII. Is there a code to clear the code?

If the answer is no, fine.

If the answer is yes, how do I do it? What sequence of commands on the SGII do I activate?

There was one person here that could answer your question but got ran out of this forum due to friction with other user(s). Try posting that at this forum: http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86.

He once gave me the SG-II coding to clear a DTC after I pulled the 4WD module fuse which caused the wrench icon to come ON. Even though the icon turned OFF after replacing the fuse the DTC was still in the system. It may have cleared itself after some drive cycles though. Look for CarlD there. He's the person that worked up all the Hybrid SG-II coding.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:43 AM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands