cargo liner

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 06:09 AM
Enthusiast
Default cargo liner

Does using a cargo liner have a negative effect on the battery pack?
I have a 2007 escape hybrid.
thanks

Old 03-04-2011, 06:50 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: cargo liner

OK...I did a forum search and found that there are specific model #'s of Huskie ( and I assume other makes) for the FEH.

Is there an issue with ventilation for the battery pack or is the cargo area of the FEH shaped slightly different than the regular FE?

Old 03-04-2011, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by jtgyk
Does using a cargo liner have a negative effect on the battery pack?
I have a 2007 escape hybrid.
thanks
No effect,I have a Husky and no changes in performance.

GaryG

Old 03-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
No effect,I have a Husky and no changes in performance.

GaryG
Gary-
Remind me again, does the 2009 have an external blend door? I think the 2010 models and later don't have the external door, and need to access air from the cabin. Is this impacted by a cargo liner?

The 2008 and prior had the external door, so there would be no cooling issues with any cargo liner.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by stevedebi
Gary-
Remind me again, does the 2009 have an external blend door? I think the 2010 models and later don't have the external door, and need to access air from the cabin. Is this impacted by a cargo liner?

The 2008 and prior had the external door, so there would be no cooling issues with any cargo liner.
The '09 has the same set-up with the Aux A/C and outside vent and filter as those built prior. The '09 also uses the exact filter as my '05. I've had no issues with my '09 blend door but I get a service soon light every once in a while in my '05. The newer '10 & '11 vent from the inside I think near the cargo door and have no Aux A/C.

The carpet in my '09 has a rubber bottom to protect the battery from spills better. When my insurance replaced the '09 carpet from a chlorine spill, I put the Husky cargo liner over the new carpet to better protect both it and the battery better.

I'm now waiting for a good cargo liner to be made for my new Explorer. Something to protect the rear fold down seats and carpet from a spill.

GaryG

Old 03-04-2011, 10:19 AM

The '09 has the same set-up with the Aux A/C and outside vent and filter as those built prior. The '09 also uses the exact filter as my '05. I've had no issues with my '09 blend door but I get a service soon light every once in a while in my '05. The newer '10 & '11 vent from the inside I think near the cargo door and have no Aux A/C.

The carpet in my '09 has a rubber bottom to protect the battery from spills better. When my insurance replaced the '09 carpet from a chlorine spill, I put the Husky cargo liner over the new carpet to better protect both it and the battery better.

I'm now waiting for a good cargo liner to be made for my new Explorer. Something to protect the rear fold down seats and carpet from a spill.

GaryG
So the question is: with the 2010 and later, will there be any interference with that internal blend door from a cargo liner?

Old 03-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Imported from Detroit

GaryG
Not sure if any was ever made by anyone(unless I missed or forgot it)for the FE/FEH, if that's so, why would they make one now for the new Explorer?

Old 03-04-2011, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by wptski
Not sure if any was ever made by anyone(unless I missed or forgot it)for the FE/FEH, if that's so, why would they make one now for the new Explorer?
Ford and Husky I know make the cargo liner to fit all the Escapes and most people I've talked to prefer the Husky. In fact, John in Stuart FL told me he returned the Ford cargo liner and brought the Husky for his '08 FEH. Because of that I bought the '09 Husky cargo liner and in fits perfect.

The new Explorer cargo area can have the third row seats fold down separately into a larger storage space that can be used with the seats upright. If I get a cargo liner for the top of the folded 3rd row seats folded down, I'll have remove it when I need the extra 1 or 2 third row seats in the up position in the back. My choice is that two separate cargo liners be made for the new Explorer. One for the third row seats up and one for the third row seats down.

GaryG

Old 03-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Imported from Detroit

Ford and Husky I know make the cargo liner to fit all the Escapes and most people I've talked to prefer the Husky. In fact, John in Stuart FL told me he returned the Ford cargo liner and brought the Husky for his '08 FEH. Because of that I bought the '09 Husky cargo liner and in fits perfect.

The new Explorer cargo area can have the third row seats fold down separately into a larger storage space that can be used with the seats upright. If I get a cargo liner for the top of the folded 3rd row seats folded down, I'll have remove it when I need the extra 1 or 2 third row seats in the up position in the back. My choice is that two separate cargo liners be made for the new Explorer. One for the third row seats up and one for the third row seats down.

GaryG
Are you refering to a liner for the cargo area or behind the seats? I have a Husky for that also but what I'm refering to is one that would cover the entire area with the rear seats folded down. I'm unsure if anyone makes one for that but as it's been a long time since I looked into cargo liners. I have their front/rear liner set also.

Old 03-06-2011, 08:54 PM

Husky makes a Cargo liner for the 2010 Explorer that covers from the back to the 2nd row seats. They also make one for just the rear cargo area, when the third row is up. Here's a link. Look at the different options/pictures at the top of the page.

I expect you won't have to wait too long to get your wish, GaryG.

Until then, you might want to try putting some of this carpet protection down. It's good enough to keep dog hair, small spills and general dirt out of the carpet. It obviously won't protect from a spill that's big enough to move around. It is easily removable and won't hurt the carpet (well, at least it hasn't after several applications in my FEH).

Last edited by MyPart; 03-06-2011 at 09:02 PM.

Quick Reply: cargo liner

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands