cargo liner

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 06:06 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: cargo liner

So back to the original question.
Is the cargo area of an FEH different than a regular FE?
I'm guessing it is from the fact that there are different model #'s for the mats.
I just have a chance to buy one for a regular FE ($45), and though it's not a lot of money...I don't want to buy it, find it doesn't work (or will screw with the traction battery somehow) then have to go ahead and buy one for the regular price.

@MyPart. How durable is the carpet protection stuff. Will it stand up to dog claws?

Old 03-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jtgyk
So back to the original question.
Is the cargo area of an FEH different than a regular FE?
I'm guessing it is from the fact that there are different model #'s for the mats.
Yes, your FEH has a slightly different shape. The Ford cargo mats are shaped such that they can be trimmed to fit a hybrid. However its surface is pretty slick which isn't very nice for keeping your stuff secure.
As mentioned here you're probably better off with an aftermarket mat than a Ford one, even if they do cost more money.

Old 03-08-2011, 12:01 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by D-mac
Yes, your FEH has a slightly different shape. The Ford cargo mats are shaped such that they can be trimmed to fit a hybrid. However its surface is pretty slick which isn't very nice for keeping your stuff secure.
As mentioned here you're probably better off with an aftermarket mat than a Ford one, even if they do cost more money.
Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. Though I ahould have said that the $45 liner was a Husky.
Since it IS a slightly different shape, I can go ahead and shop for the proper model.

Last edited by jtgyk; 03-08-2011 at 12:07 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 03:59 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jtgyk
@MyPart. How durable is the carpet protection stuff. Will it stand up to dog claws?
The carpet protector is fairly thick and can stand up to moderate dog traffic. I have put double layers on the back of the seats and then put a blanket on top of that. The blanket is mainly due to wet dogs and not as a protection to the interior. I change out the protector about once a year.

I have a Husky liners all around but I still do a single layer on the factory rear cargo mat. I really dislike that the mat has stone color carpet. I think it should have been the dark grey like the rest of the carpeting. In any case, I've been able to keep my interior carpets VERY clean and mostly dog hair free.

We transport 2 or more dogs (60-110lbs each), once or twice a week to the local dog park or other events.

A single roll will easily do the job twice.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:26 AM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by D-mac
Seems like a new Husky isn't as slick but as soon as even water is wiped up, it gets slippery. I've tried 409 cleaner as they suggest but it still hasn't put it back to the like new condition.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Ford and Husky I know make the cargo liner to fit all the Escapes and most people I've talked to prefer the Husky. In fact, John in Stuart FL told me he returned the Ford cargo liner and brought the Husky for his '08 FEH. Because of that I bought the '09 Husky cargo liner and in fits perfect.

The new Explorer cargo area can have the third row seats fold down separately into a larger storage space that can be used with the seats upright. If I get a cargo liner for the top of the folded 3rd row seats folded down, I'll have remove it when I need the extra 1 or 2 third row seats in the up position in the back. My choice is that two separate cargo liners be made for the new Explorer. One for the third row seats up and one for the third row seats down.

GaryG
Sorry to revive an ancient thread, but what model Husky cargo liner did you find that fits your '09 FEH perfectly? Husky's website isn't showing anything. The Husky liner from '06 fits fairly well, but the passenger side shape for the subwoofer isn't quite correct.

Old 08-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Imported from Detroit

I have one as well for a 2009 FE non-Hybrid but I do see what you mean. That's kind-of a new vehicle item/one time purchase or they may have sold the run out. Other items are ones that might wear out and need replacing so they still stock them.

Old 08-07-2017, 05:10 AM
Active Enthusiast

I just went to the Husky site and I'm not finding a cargoLiner for the 2008 FEH.
Anyone got a SKU number?