Change Oil Warning

Old 08-28-2007, 10:12 PM
Enthusiast
Default Change Oil Warning

Hello all,

I picked up my Escape after having it serviced last week. Apparently the shop forgot to reset the "change oil" warning indicator as it came on today. I'm supposed to go on a trip tomorrow and was wondering if this would cause a problem? The warning doesn't bother me, I just want to make sure nothing shuts down on me.

Thanks

Old 08-29-2007, 05:09 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Change Oil Warning

Go into the message center and toggle down to "System Check". Press "SET" and the first screen is your oil life counter - it should have 0% on it. While this screen is on, press and hold the set button and it should reset to 100%.

Hope this helps.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:40 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by IV Tahoe
Hello all,

I picked up my Escape after having it serviced last week. Apparently the shop forgot to reset the "change oil" warning indicator as it came on today. I'm supposed to go on a trip tomorrow and was wondering if this would cause a problem? The warning doesn't bother me, I just want to make sure nothing shuts down on me.

Thanks
denverjay is exactly right about how to reset it. However just so you know... its just an informational message.... it won't shut down anything even if you didn't reset it....

Old 08-29-2007, 08:28 AM

I picked up my Escape after having it serviced last week. Apparently the shop forgot to reset the "change oil" warning indicator as it came on today.
My Mercury dealer forgot the same.

I wrote about it, in their service quality post card.

Old 08-29-2007, 09:51 AM
Enthusiast

Thanks,

That did the trick. I know it's probably somewhere on here but what does the percentage represent? hours? Miles?

Thanks again

Old 08-29-2007, 11:18 AM

Thanks,

That did the trick. I know it's probably somewhere on here but what does the percentage represent? hours? Miles?

Thanks again
Its in your manual... it represents 10,000 miles or 12months... whichever comes first. Standard maintenance interval for the engine which is NOT on all the time and doesn't tally up hours of use on oil idling like a normal engine.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Enthusiast

Anybody know how to change the oil change % to something other than 100% when resetting ? I use the motocraft synthetic blend oil, but I still don't trust waiting 10k for an oil change. I'd rather change the % to 50% and go 5k miles.

Old 01-07-2008, 07:06 AM

I got my 10% oil life remaining warning last night after 8976 miles (on an July born '08 FEH) so it doesn't appear to be a straight calculation off the odometer or calendar.

...unless Ford is factoring in miles done while traveling in reverse

Old 01-07-2008, 08:13 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Red face Re: Change Oil Warning

Originally Posted by MyPart
I got my 10% oil life remaining warning last night after 8976 miles (on an July born '08 FEH) so it doesn't appear to be a straight calculation off the odometer or calendar.

...unless Ford is factoring in miles done while traveling in reverse
Looks to me like it is within 0.3% of being a mileage counter.

Old 01-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by glennb
Looks to me like it is within 0.3% of being a mileage counter.
Or there were 24 miles put on it that somehow weren't accounted for in the odometer....perhaps it was rolled back by the dealer.

Yeah, 24 out of 8976 seems pretty good to me too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Change Oil Warning

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands