Corrupt Navteq CDs

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 08:19 PM
reh
Enthusiast
Default Corrupt Navteq CDs

i've corrupted two of my Navteq CDs for my hybrid
the colorado one and the missouri one
does anyone know how to get replacements?
does anyone live in denver ?

R.

Old 11-24-2006, 01:02 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Corrupt Navteq CDs

I am in the Denver area. If you have a 2005 and contact your dealer and complain hard enough, you can get free replacements. ( probably 2006 versions at that ) There was a bad batch of discs... the discs say 2004, that came with the 2005 cars... there were dozens, if not 100's of people with problems who got the early production FEH's, had difficulty, and got free replacements.

If you have a newer car you may have a hard time convincing them.
If you have a 2005, they may be curious why you took so long to discover the problem. Cheap ( $5 ) CD scratch remover paste sold in music stores really does help in most cases if you think a scratch is your problem.

If you have no success, I will mail you copies of mine for the cost of shipping, and whatever you feel is fair for my time. I'm not going into business of "selling" pirated copies. I have never even tried a home burnt copy, but have heard it works.

Originally Posted by reh
i've corrupted two of my Navteq CDs for my hybrid
the colorado one and the missouri one
does anyone know how to get replacements?
does anyone live in denver ?

R.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:32 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I just had my first long distance, across CD boundaries, trip. It wasn't a very good experience (more in another thread).

However, I just thought I would mention that for what I found out, the "corrupted disk" message means that the disk inserted, is not the one the NAV system wants right then. Yea, it would be nicer if it said "Wrong Disk", or better yet, "Please insert disk ...". But nope. You get the "corrupted disk" message instead.

Just note that it seems that the NAV system sometimes (wrongly) wants a CD other than the one for the current area. Why? I have no idea.

Old 11-27-2006, 07:53 AM
reh
Enthusiast

The Colorado disk that was corrupted just wouldn't boot when I put it in.
spun a bit and then rebooted the nav system and would never come up with a menu/program of any sort.

when replaced it worked fine.

r.