Is this crazy?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 08:34 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Is this crazy?!

Bored, and after seeing a new Ford Hybrid commercial all weekend, so I searched ebay again for Hybrids.

Suprised at the number for sale on ebay, new and used 08's!
But I love this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-...spagenameZWDVW

White, 2WD, no leather/preieum pkg, no sunroof/Sirius, No chrome pkg, CD player (I think it even a single), No Nav. I can't see any extra options added, so what a $25K new vehicle, not a bad bid price, but look at the last pic, $28,187 ! (Mine was like $28,400 with all but Nav & Audophile options!)... Oh yea, it only has 20K+ miles so far!

CRAZY

I guess that's good for my re-sale value (not that I ever plan on selling it!) But I guess with $96 crude....

Old 11-04-2007, 08:58 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Is this crazy?!

Wow, that's quite a feat - the '08 FEH's started hitting the lots in what, April or May? 20,000 miles in ~7 months is a LOT of miles. And it doesn't even look like it's had that many miles put on it - it looks brand new !!

Old 11-05-2007, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
White, 2WD, no leather/preieum pkg, no sunroof/Sirius, No chrome pkg, CD player (I think it even a single), No Nav. I can't see any extra options added, so what a $25K new vehicle, not a bad bid price, but look at the last pic, $28,187 ! (Mine was like $28,400 with all but Nav & Audophile options!)... Oh yea, it only has 20K+ miles so far!

CRAZY

I guess that's good for my re-sale value (not that I ever plan on selling it!) But I guess with $96 crude....
Well, remember that what you are seeing is not the Ford window sticker, but rather one made up by the dealer themselves.

Plus, that is their "asking" price. I'll wait and see what their actual selling price ends up to be.

Old 11-05-2007, 05:24 AM

Originally Posted by WaltPA
Well, remember that what you are seeing is not the Ford window sticker, but rather one made up by the dealer themselves.

Plus, that is their "asking" price. I'll wait and see what their actual selling price ends up to be.
True, I was hoping to find a Ford sticker to see what, if any, options were added. I don't see the 110V outlet, Single CD is std., so priced today it's $26,930 + (upto)$3k Tax Credit. I don;t think it was a public use vehicle tho, it's way to clean, only mark I could see is a small black streak on the back of the back seat. So I doubt taxi, rental, etc...

Other threads show base price has risen, at least twice so far, I noticed about $600, someone else says since they ordered in July like $900, so it it $1,500 more than when they first hit the floor???

I'd like to see if/what it sells for too.

{Edit} Just went to their direct website: "Internet Price*: $24,337" So slightly more realistic, but come'on it's got 2yrs woth of mileage all ready!

What's even funnier, another listing has a link to a 08 Shelby 'Stang, clicked on it, like $68k BIN. The funniest part is the sticker, $48K car & options + Market Adjustment $20k Funny!

Last edited by 08hybridok; 11-05-2007 at 05:31 AM.
Old 11-05-2007, 11:13 AM
Duc
Stock Sucks

Did you see this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...QQcmdZViewItem
104469 miles on an 07!!!!
Clif

Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Active Enthusiast

Just an FYI: they '08s hit a lot earlier than April. Mine was built in January and arrived in very early February at the dealer. I got mine at the end of April and am already just shy of 9000 miles. Good thing this isn't a lease!

Old 11-06-2007, 03:01 PM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

We have three vehicles that used to get equal use. We replaced one with the FEH, and now the FEH gets most of the use. And that adds up the miles.

Why the FEH? Fun to drive and far better MPG!

Old 11-14-2007, 08:44 AM

I've had my '08 FEH for 83 days and have a little over 5000 miles (~60mi/day). Extrapolated out that's a little over 20,000 a year.

There are a few long trips in those first 5000 miles so I'll probably be under that number. My wife is the daily driver and her commute is only about 20 miles round trip each day. I don't think that the 20,000 on that '08 was too abnormal for someone who has a 50+ mile daily commute and a few long trips thrown in there (especially if it was an early production vehicle. Now the '07 with 104,000+ is pretty crazy. At least it speaks to the longevity/durability of the FEH.

Just think of it as someone working hard on that hybrid premium payoff via gas savings...

Old 11-14-2007, 09:34 AM

I think it's funny the 07 sold and the 08 didn't. The 08 dealer is nuts. The asking price is above original MSRP, and now it's used and can't get the tax credit!

Old 11-14-2007, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
I think it's funny the 07 sold and the 08 didn't. The 08 dealer is nuts. The asking price is above original MSRP, and now it's used and can't get the tax credit!
I wonder if the dealer is going to bother mentioning that little fact. Especially since I've heard the '08 gets a higher tax credit than the previous models (anybody else able to confirm that?).

Quick Reply: Is this crazy?!

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands