Daytime running Lights and Smart Junction Box

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007, 12:28 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Default Re: Daytime running Lights and Smart Junction Box

The message below was from Ford.
Use the exact verbage "it's a programmable parameter" and reference cars built on the same assembley line, the same day, shipped to Canada, have this feature "turned on". I know of 3 people in the U.S. that had them successfully turned on after shipment.

It may not be "dim headlamps". I suspect it is just full time headlamps... but have not seen any in person.

-John

Old 02-04-2007, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by gpsman1
The message below was from Ford.
Use the exact verbage "it's a programmable parameter" and reference cars built on the same assembley line, the same day, shipped to Canada, have this feature "turned on". I know of 3 people in the U.S. that had them successfully turned on after shipment.

It may not be "dim headlamps". I suspect it is just full time headlamps... but have not seen any in person.

-John
This has been discuss Mr Gran FEH Technogist, do you have a dealer that will program the smart junction box? Didn't think so!

GaryG

Old 02-04-2007, 09:12 PM
4WD SUV Golf Cart Owner

I will check in my manual tomorrow, too cold tonight. It was something like, in Park, Turn key and move something else x times and then DRL is enabled. Or is that the auto dim?

Old 02-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Um... I don't think DRL are something the owner can set.
A procedure like you talk about is used to turn off the seatbelt reminder chime... but that's all I can think of at the moment.
It requires equipment to talk to ( aka program ) the car's settings that only a dealer would have. Kind of like the "autolock" feature Gary G claims his car had originally. I don't know why Gary G is being such an A$$ lately... as he claims to have had first hand experience of "programmable" features.

You may need to press the issue to "higher ups" at your dealer to get this done if it is important to you... as there is no money in it for them, and even if they charge for labor, it would only take minutes. One man on the west coast had it done at no extra charge while the dealer was doing a LOF ( lube, oil, and filter ) so they tend to be more cooperative when other work is being done for $... that doesn't mean they shouldn't do just what you ask, when you ask... but you know how the real world works!

Good Luck, and report back when you have it done, and what, if anything they charged you.
-John