Dealer Logo/Advertisement sticker - required?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default Dealer Logo/Advertisement sticker - required?

I ordered a car and should be here soon. Does anyone know if the dealer's logo/advertisement sticker has to go on? Can I request it to be omitted? If it has to go on, do you think I would have any say so in where it goes? Our dealer's logo sticker is quite large compared to most other ones I've seen.

Also, any suggestions on floor mats? I know husky makes some but isn't there also a type that goes flat when the back seat goes down?

Thanks!

Old 01-14-2008, 03:10 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Dealer Logo/Advertisement sticker - required?

You can request the deal sticker be omitted. I have made it a requirement of every car I have ever purchased. Congrats on your new purchase.

Old 01-14-2008, 04:06 AM
Feral Engineer

It is your car and they are not paying you for advertising. Tell them no dealer advertising.

Old 01-14-2008, 06:11 AM
Active Enthusiast

I always tell them not to put a sticker on. More often than not they do anyway, since the car prep guys don't read instructions. The first time it happened I yelled at people. Since then I just drive home and take it off myself. On a new car, the sticker comes right off, no evidence left.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:44 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I specifically requested no dealer stickers and no front tag bracket installation (since I'm in a state that doesn't require it).

I did give my sales guy the option of taking some off the price if he wanted to put the sticker on. He opted not to do that and since they followed my request, I now give them free advertisement whenever I can.

I recommend:
Ravenel Ford,
Ravenel, SC
$98 over invoice, no pressure, no haggle

Old 01-14-2008, 11:54 AM
Enthusiast

There was a big court case on dealer nameplates that a doctor brought against a BMW dealer about 15 or 20 years ago.

The dealer was ordered to replace an expensive body panel that was damaged by the nameplate. That ruling pretty much ended the practice of dealers forcing nameplates onto every car sold.

Old 01-14-2008, 01:36 PM

I just popped mine off as soon as I got home. If they use the self-adhesive metallic raised lettering they are easy to remove. Then you just wipe off any residue with a little goo-gone and some soap and water. If it is a dealer sticker it may be a little tougher to get off as it might peel off in little pieces.

If its the raised lettering kind it probably isn't worth asking since they will probably refuse or forget and it only takes a few seconds to do it yourself. If its a sticker it might be worth fighting over.

Old 01-15-2008, 06:21 AM
08 MMH 4WD

Mine was an logo sticker that pealed right off. I also returned the paper plates & plastic plate covers with the dealer logos stuff when I went in for a parts order, just left them on the parts counter (recycle )

Glad they don't screw them in anymore!

Old 01-15-2008, 12:11 PM

I work at a dealer.

All any customer has to do is request we leave the emblems off & it is no problem whatever.

~John

Old 01-16-2008, 08:05 AM

I always tell my salesperson that I don't want the dealer's sticker. Plus, I remind them again when they call me to tell me the vehicle has (finally!) come in. I have never had a problem with them honoring the request.