DIY Oil Change; some really dumb questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 12:23 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: DIY Oil Change; some really dumb questions

i remember the first time i idid my oil chabge i bought just about all the wrenches in the store and non fit, today im just taking it to a quick lube since im taking a long trip dont feel like gettting messy or mess something up. im also doing a fuel filter change @230000 miles im suure its needed

Old 08-01-2014, 09:14 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: DIY Oil Change; some really dumb questions

Originally Posted by 08hybridok

So I got a filter wrench at wally (was already there shopping) Something like a fram 74-76mm. It fit the filter; but would not grip it, ie slips as you spin.

So I took it back, went to AZ, got the B 25401 wrench, looked the same; but hey it's supposed to be the correct fit. Well it's even looser than the Fram wrench!
Suggestions?
I used a paper towel to help with the grip. I bought the fram one from wally world too and it did want to come off so I went to autozone and got that one. Both didn't work but I was returning it to go get the vise grip type and the clerk at autozone suggested a rag.

Sometime the simplest things work. Hope this helps.