Does a failing blend door actuator always throw a code?

Old 11-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Does a failing blend door actuator always throw a code?

I am getting symptoms of my car that lead me towards the blend door or maybe the thermistor or wiring harness of the battery. It seems like the battery will be getting cold or hot at times because the assist is low and it just wants to rev wildly when it hits even the slightest hill. Sometimes it will go to 4k almost immediately on what I guess would be about a 2% grade if that. I have never gotten any codes, it almost always gets poor mileage, but sometimes it will randomly get what it used to which was 31mpg at 70mph cruising on the highway. Lately I am looking at 25 on a good day and 22 on a bad one. That is with the engine fully warmed up on relatively flat ground resetting the gauge once I'm at cruising speed for a while.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Does a failing blend door actuator always throw a code?

How is your AC system?

Old 11-12-2016, 05:44 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Does a failing blend door actuator always throw a code?

A/C blew cold air this summer. It is leaking a little bit of compressor oil, but nothing too alarming. I checked the temp on the ScanGauge and they seem to be in spec, so I'm not looking at blend door anymore.

While changing out the pcv valve I found some bad looking injectors, so I'm going to change those out when they ship, so far I only changed the one that was physically damaged on removal of the rail and that one looked ok other than the seat being busted. The pcv was a little sticky and it was probably the original as the hose was getting a little dry looking. I'll probably change the plugs too after new injectors even though they are less than 40k old and I will be going with oem ones.