Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   DTC P0562 Keeps popping up on OBDII (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/dtc-p0562-keeps-popping-up-obdii-28784/)

twolostminds 04-28-2013 05:12 PM

DTC P0562 Keeps popping up on OBDII

This past week we took a 1500 mile round trip to Parris Island and back to see our son graduate and become a Marine. During the trip I hooked up our wireless ELM327 OBDII to monitor fuel economy. I ran the code reader and noticed that we had a P0562 trouble code but no wrench light. I cleared the code but it immediately came back. We've noticed a slight drop in fuel economy lately, maybe 1 or 2 mpg, but thought it was bad gas. Looking up the code it was Powertrain Low Voltage. What could be causing this?

guerinkeywest 04-28-2013 05:52 PM

Re: DTC P0562 Keeps popping up on OBDII

Originally Posted by twolostminds (Post 248026)
This past week we took a 1500 mile round trip to Parris Island and back to see our son graduate and become a Marine. During the trip I hooked up our wireless ELM327 OBDII to monitor fuel economy. I ran the code reader and noticed that we had a P0562 trouble code but no wrench light. I cleared the code but it immediately came back. We've noticed a slight drop in fuel economy lately, maybe 1 or 2 mpg, but thought it was bad gas. Looking up the code it was Powertrain Low Voltage. What could be causing this?

Basically the main voltage coming to the engine computer from the ECU relay is below 10 volts for at least 0.2 sec at some point over 120 sec from engine start.

GaryG 04-28-2013 05:55 PM

Possible Causes:

Voltage to TCM concerns

TCM ground concern

Vehicle traveling for ten seconds with the key in OFF position

You must go to Pinpoint Test BC in the '09 PC/ED Manual

GaryG

accent2010 02-18-2018 11:10 PM

I'm having the same issue. Were you able fix yours?