Electrocution Hazard

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 06:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Electrocution Hazard

pedro, I think you are overreacting a little to the "ethnic stuff" mentioned above. It was a comparison, and possibly even a poor one. Beyond that, it appears like you have acted calmly about the whole thing, and are not just sitting around whining about it. You are getting rid of your vehicle, and not raising a big stink about it. I respect that.

The problem many of us have here is that we don't believe the vehicle is a health risk. I am also in that category, although I've kept quiet about it. Although I believe your daughter is an intelligent, well mannered young lady, that doesn't mean she knows about electric shock. She can run all the businesses she wants, and still not know the difference between electrocution and static shock.

As to your decision to trade in your vehicle, that also makes sense. At least it is understandable. When you cease to trust a car, you should do something about it. Since there is nothing the dealer could do to convince you, the proper step is to get rid of the vehicle.

As for the dealer, there was really nothing they could do. This event happened twice over 12,000 miles. Since they were unable to reproduce this (something we aren't shocked about (pun intended)), they are unable to do anything about it. And even if they did something (ground strap, etc) there would always be lingering doubt.

Remember, you brought in a statement from a cardiologist that this wasn't static, so what were they supposed to say? On this board, we are free to offer our opinions, fully knowing that they are worth what you paid for them. We don't have any liability if we are wrong. So, put yourself in their shoes. Either they contradict your cardiologist, or they say there is a problem where there is none. They chose to do neither.

About the Toyota, make sure you have a ground strap put on when you purchase the vehicle. You would hate to lose trust in another vehicle because of low rolling resistance tires.

As for the rest of you, back off the guy. I've never heard him say anything bad about the FEH, or Hybrids in general. Just the dealer. Haven't all of us been to an unresponsive dealer sometime in our lives? Actually, I thought his frustration was very moderated. There were no rants, even when faced with our obvious skepticism.

Ok, now that I've gotten my soapbox distribution out of the way for today...

Old 04-28-2006, 07:35 AM
Enthusiast

I appreciate all your comments. I was able to get information here that the dealer either did not know about or was unwilling to give me. Obviously if for some reason we decide to keep this car we will take the advice given here. The car is still at the dealer and we don't know exactly what will happen. No matter what, as I have said many times, thank you for all for your input. Can't we all just get along?

Old 04-28-2006, 07:37 AM
Enthusiast

We are having a meeting about trade in value today, so this should be over soon. Thanks again.

Old 04-28-2006, 11:25 AM
Prof. of Hybridology

This is beyond redundant. We're just repeating what others have said here as if it's our own new idea. This isn't even treading water, this is swimming back to the shipwreck.