"Energy flow function" and "Fuel economy function" buttons not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Enthusiast
Exclamation "Energy flow function" and "Fuel economy function" buttons not working

Greetings,

I have a 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid with the navigation system. The one rocker switch/button that displays "Energy flow function" and "Fuel economy function" suddenly stopped working. All the other buttons on the nav system (radio map, nav, CD, etc.) work fine, but when I click either sides of the fuel/energy button, nothing happens (whatever was up on the screen stays there).

I did an internet search, and found someone else with the same problem, but the only answer there was "take it to the dealer."

Has anyone experienced this problem? Any suggestions as to what the solution might be? At this point, my wife and I don't think it's worth paying the dealer to fix it, as we both just sort of use it "for fun," and it is no longer altering our driving habits .

Thanks for any tips/suggestions.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: "Energy flow function" and "Fuel economy function" buttons not working

My 2007 FEH had exactly the same problem when I bought it a few months ago. It is caused by a failed module under the glove box. It is called the ACP (Audio Control Protocol) Module. It converts the OBDII signals to a form the Nav radio can use. I just bought a new one from my Ford dealership (~$200) and installed it myself. It just plugs into two cables. Works perfectly now.

Last edited by LeapinLar; 11-05-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 11-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: "Energy flow function" and "Fuel economy function" buttons not working

LeapinLar,

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably pass on the $200 purchase right now; if I'm going to spend that much I'll just get a ScanGuage (my last one was stolen ). The rest of the device works just fine.

Old 11-06-2013, 05:05 AM
Second Hand Cars

I would like to suggest, just check the wiring of navigation system of your ford escape car to your nearest garage or any lettered mechanic. I'm sure he can solve this proble without spending more money.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:10 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by leetramp
LeapinLar,

Thanks for the tip. I'll probably pass on the $200 purchase right now; if I'm going to spend that much I'll just get a ScanGuage (my last one was stolen ). The rest of the device works just fine.
It could also be the wiring to and from the module. Look at TSB 06-5-15. So you could hire a mechanic to trace the wiring like the last user recommended, but that is not exactly free either. Or you could do it yourself.

Not having it work when I bought the rig, I wanted to see what it said. And I am glad I fixed it. I learned a lot about how the vehicle operates, with it being in hybrid mode most of the time.

Old 01-25-2022, 03:19 PM
Enthusiast

do you happen to have a part number for the ACP module and or a picture of the specific part? Thanks

Originally Posted by LeapinLar
My 2007 FEH had exactly the same problem when I bought it a few months ago. It is caused by a failed module under the glove box. It is called the ACP (Audio Control Protocol) Module. It converts the OBDII signals to a form the Nav radio can use. I just bought a new one from my Ford dealership (~$200) and installed it myself. It just plugs into two cables. Works perfectly now.

Old 01-26-2022, 10:22 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bradleydahl
do you happen to have a part number for the ACP module and or a picture of the specific part? Thanks

Ford Parts Giant is an excellent resource for locating part numbers, especially if you enter your VIN.

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/2008-...rid-parts.html

Also, you can subscribe to the Ford Motorcraft manuals site for $24.99 / 72 hours and that part should be in there.

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Home/SetCountry