Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   Escape 2006 not going into hybrid mode (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/escape-2006-not-going-into-hybrid-mode-29771/)

Hybrid2006 07-01-2014 07:05 PM

Escape 2006 not going into hybrid mode

I have a 2006 escape hybrid that is not charging the batteries when braking. (The gauge won't move). The truck is acting normal otherwise. Any ideas?
It won't go into hybrid mode

us035976 07-02-2014 04:42 AM

Re: Escape 2006 not going into hybrid mode

Originally Posted by Hybrid2006 (Post 253225)
I have a 2006 escape hybrid that is not charging the batteries when braking. (The gauge won't move). The truck is acting normal otherwise. Any ideas?
It won't go into hybrid mode

Where do you live? How hot has it been lately? Is the A/C working normally? If the HV battery gets above a certain temperature it will not accept any more charge to protect the battery.

Hybrid2006 07-02-2014 06:24 AM

I actually have noticed that the AC is not as cold as it used to be. I have had it looked at recently and was told that I have the correct amount of Freon and everything looks correct. The dashboard indicators say that everything is fine and that the charging system is fine. I am in New York and it has been warm. Do you have any suggestions if the air-conditioning seems to be operating like it should? I was hoping I was just low on refrigerant and get a recharge and everything would be fine

us035976 07-02-2014 05:45 PM

What several users here (including me) will tell any Escape or Mariner Hybrid driver is to get a ScanGaugeII. (ad at the top of this website) You can program it to monitor the critical systems of your hybrid. With info from the Scangauge you can tell if your HV battery is too warm among other parameters that affect your hybrid performance and mileage. Otherwise it's usually a guess as to what is wrong. I have been able to diagnose several of the common problems seen with the FEH and with links available here and elsewhere fix most of them myself for WAY less than the dealership would charge.

Hybrid2006 07-03-2014 08:21 AM

Thank you for the replies Rich. the air-conditioning not being cold enough is affecting everything. I will look into other ac components to see why it's not cold even though the refrigerant is full. I will also look into that scanner. Thx