Escape Hybrid Cargo Mats and Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 06:04 AM
Active Enthusiast
Question Escape Hybrid Cargo Mats and Seat Covers

Does anyone have a good source for cargo mats and seat covers (non-generic sized) for the Escape hybrid? I did not want the leather interior, but with drooly kids and a bouncy dog, I would like to make an attempt at keeping the interior cleaner. So far, all the rubber cargo mat dealers say "except Hybrid" on their web sites. I would need them in grey or something compatible. Also, how about suggestions for an interior waterproofing, Scotchguard???. The dealer wanted $500 for some sort of interior treatment, which I assume is just a spray can of something that repells stains. What do they use and what can I substitute. I picked up my Escape last Thursday and so far it is pretty pristine. I would like to keep it that way for a week or two. Thanks for any info.

Old 05-01-2005, 03:57 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Escape Hybrid Cargo Mats and Seat Covers

I have been looking at both Rubber-Tech (by Intro-Tech Automotive, Inc. of Anaheim, CA) and Protect-A-Mat. Both say they will accept my order (around $90-$150 for mats) but I have not emailed the companies for confirmation as yet.

For seat covers I am gravitating toward Coverking which are sold at:

http://www.carcoverworld.net

Old 05-01-2005, 11:35 PM
Early Adopter

If you got the safety package make sure whatever seat cover you choose is designed to work correctly with the side airbags. These come out of the seat back and if the seat cover is not designed to come apart at the right location you end up with no protection.

For the rear cargo area I took an old liner from our previous Volvo wagon and cut it to fit. It's not a perfect solution but better than nothing when the German Shepard is along for the ride.

Old 05-02-2005, 01:43 PM
Enthusiast

We purchase HUSKY liners, they come in Charcoal and Grey. They will hold a lot of water an dirt. All of our vehicles have them. One set is over ten years old and still looks good. There very durable and fit like a glove. I recommend them to anyone who lives in a dusty or wet area.

Old 05-03-2005, 06:11 AM
Struggler at large

I also have the husky mats. They fit nicely and did a very good job. The set of front and rear cost a total of $100 from autoanything.com.

Old 05-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Did you have to cut down or modify the Cargo Mats because of the size difference between the FEH and the regulas gas Escape?

Old 05-04-2005, 07:57 AM
Struggler at large

I had to make a small modification to the rear mats. The husky mats have grooves where you can make clean cuts with a sharp knife. I used a carpet knife to trim some of the extra rubber so they would fit nicely up against the front seat mount points. You can't tell they have been trimmed, and the trimming did not decrease their effectiveness.

Old 05-04-2005, 08:40 AM
Enthusiast

There are special codes for ordering theHUSKY Hybrid Escape mats to fit the 2004 and 5 models.

Old 05-04-2005, 09:32 AM
Struggler at large

I did use the special code for the 2005 FEH. For the ones I was sent, I still had to trim for the rear mats to fit nicely. Maybe they sent me the wrong set? I dunno... but they look fine. Like I said, there are nice lines that show you where to trim them.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:02 PM
Enthusiast

I have used Scotch Guard. I would definetly get something on them right away. I have had terrible problems with simple spills and stains. So, I bought two cans of Scotch Guard and have sprayed twice like they suggest. That is one thing I am very disappointed about my hybrid. I think they could have used a better fabric like you might find on an office chair.

Quick Reply: Escape Hybrid Cargo Mats and Seat Covers

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands