Escape keyless entry keypad

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 07:26 PM
Enthusiast
Default Escape keyless entry keypad

This question may have already been answered somewhere but I'm not that adept at navigating through this site yet though what I have found has been very informative, thank you.

Concerning the Ford keyless entry keypad. The little five button keypad next to or near the drivers door handle on many Ford products including the 2007 Escape Sport. Does anyone know if this keypad is available for use and will it work on the 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid?

I have been told by one person at Ford that it is no longer available. They also told me the roof rack is not available (actually it is a Mercury Mariner part). On eBay I've been told by one seller he is not sure but of several sold to Hybrid owners he has had no complaints. Since it is included on the Escape Sport I would assume is possible. In the end it appently is just a remote of a different shape with a small battery that sticks to your door (or your hood if you if you so desire). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you to all!

David

Old 10-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Escape keyless entry keypad

My Escape Hybrid is an '06 and I bought a Ford keypad from Ebay for $80. Installed and working for almost 6 months now. I love that feature!

Old 10-23-2006, 07:53 PM

Hi David

The one I bought on Ebay was an OEM keypad for up to an '04 Escape. It works on the '06 also. Most likely will work on the '07, your guess is as good as mine. The folks here help me find the Ebay site that sold them for about $55 including shipping. Easy directions to install in about 10 min.. Click "MY Photo's" next to my screen name for pictures. I love the addition and use it all the time.

GaryG

Old 10-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Hi David

The one I bought on Ebay was an OEM keypad for up to an '04 Escape. It works on the '06 also. Most likely will work on the '07, your guess is as good as mine. The folks here help me find the Ebay site that sold them for about $55 including shipping. Easy directions to install in about 10 min.. Click "MY Photo's" next to my screen name for pictures. I love the addition and use it all the time.

GaryG
I bought one off of ebay for $50 and it works perfectly on my '07. I love that thing! And was incredibly easy to install and program.

Old 10-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Enthusiast

I got mine through the dealer. It's pretty easy to install but I talked them into doing it for free. Definetly worth the price of it. I use it to lock the keys in the FEH when going to places like Six Flags or hiking when it's not convenient to carry keys around.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

Welcome to GH, we did discuss it briefly here,

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...12.html?page=1

Old 10-24-2006, 04:19 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Gosh, this is one feature I have never used, and will probably never will.

The key, with its remote fob, is always either in the ignition or in my pocket. I always find it easier to just push the one button on the fob, to lock/unlock the car, than to ever use the keypad.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:29 AM
Enthusiast

I use it all of the time. The FEH is my wife's and I don't want to carry 2 key fobs when I seldom drive the car. I got it on e-bay also for about $50. I is a genuine Ford part.

Jay

Old 10-24-2006, 12:06 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jginaz
The FEH is my wife's and I don't want to carry 2 key fobs when I seldom drive the car.
Jay, of course you may also be able to program your own remote (assuming it's from another Ford product) to work both vehicles too. One potential downside to this would be that you'd lock/unlock both vehicles if they're parked near each other. But depending upon your individual situation this could be a viable alternative to consider.

Old 10-24-2006, 01:50 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Those keyless fobs have millions ( billions? ) of "rolling codes". This means the code changes each and every time you press it. You get a random code each time, kinda like spinning a slot machine. The key fob and the car "talk" to each other so they are on the same code next time you press it.

One key fob should NEVER open two cars!

-John

Quick Reply: Escape keyless entry keypad

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands