Escape Selling Above MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005, 09:28 AM
Enthusiast
Exclamation Re: Escape Selling Above MSRP

I just bought an Escape Hybrid (yesterday, in fact) and was told by the sales manager that they normally add up to $6k to the selling price as a premium.

Our sales person neglected to include this in the price quotes he gave us, so they had to honor them.

I suspect they use that as a negotiation tool ... to make you think you got more off the price than you really did.

david

Old 04-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Escape Selling Above MSRP

Good for you, for not choosing to pay a premium and making the dealer honor his word.
From reports, few have had to pay the premium. Especially this time of year when there are many still on lots (albeit not with the options you and I might choose) and the 2006 is making its debut upon delivery in June, there are many buyers who are swinging deals below MSRP.

Congrats on your new car - mine has been great.

Mike

Old 04-10-2005, 11:32 PM
Early Adopter

They just ran a story on the local news covering the fact that one local dealer has started running TV spots talking about fuel economy...thanks to the current runup in gasoline prices. The Ford dealer in question is one that has been asking a $10K premium on Escape hybrids since they came out, so of course they have some in stock.

Old 04-12-2005, 09:58 AM
Enthusiast

Florida is charging $2000 above MSRP. I refused to be taken advantage of. I bought one in Virginia and drove it back. I got $100 under MSRP and that paid for Independence Air ticket and my hotel. I worked with Hamid at Tysons Ford if anyone is interested

Old 04-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Hybrid_SUV_Owner
Thumbs up Re: Escape Selling Above MSRP

Originally Posted by Brynne Parrott
Florida is charging $2000 above MSRP. I refused to be taken advantage of. I bought one in Virginia and drove it back. I got $100 under MSRP and that paid for Independence Air ticket and my hotel. I worked with Hamid at Tysons Ford if anyone is interested
Wow! You got a pretty good deal from them then. I tried Tysons a while back and they were firm with a $5k markup. I told them where they could put it and ended up driving to SW Va for a deal at invoice.

Look around, it seems some markets have an abundance of FEHs around. If you're willing to drive, deals are to be had out there. I would not pay one penny over MSRP!

For anyone interested, try Shelor Motor Mile in Christiansburg, VA. I worked with salesman Bowie Clift--I highly recommend this dealer/salesperson. 1-877-474-3567, http://ford.shelor.com.

Disclaimer: I have no vested interest in this dealer. Just got a good deal and wanted others to get the best deal possible(to many shady dealers are trying to take advantage of the consumers out there).

Nate