Extended Service Plan deals

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 02:55 AM
Enthusiast
Default Extended Service Plan deals

Have had my FEH since Nov. of 05 and recently received some info from Ford about purchasing an ESP. They seem sort of pricey and was wondering if anyone has been able to find any discounted plans after original vehicle purchase? Really haven't had any trouble to speak of thus far, except a missing cabin filter and a highway exchange with a misguided deer. Thanks for any information.

Old 06-28-2007, 06:10 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Extended Service Plan deals

I looked this up a few months back so these numbers may be off, but here's what I found...

I just checked for myself (2006 MMH w/ AWD and 9800 miles in PA) and the ESP Premium for 5yr/60k with $100 deductible is:
$1045 - www.fordwarrantys.com
$1235 - www.ford-extended-warranty.com ($1085 after $150 rebate)
$570 - www.myfordwarranty.com (can this be right???)
$985 - www.fordesps.com

For a 2007 MMH it is:
$880 - www.fordwarrantys.com
$1120 - www.ford-extended-warranty.com ($970 after $150 rebate)
$985 - www.fordesps.com

This one didn't require a model year so I don't know how it applies:
$870 - www.discountfordwarranties.com

myfordwarranty.com seems to be the cheapest by a large margin, even when I looked a few weeks ago.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

You get what you pay for. A cheap one will not cover alot of things and they will challenge every problem. One thing most will require is Proof of maintenace i.e. the Ford scheadualed maintenace. You must have reciepts with dates and mileage.

Old 06-28-2007, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Tim K
I looked this up a few months back so these numbers may be off, but here's what I found...

I just checked for myself (2006 MMH w/ AWD and 9800 miles in PA) and the ESP Premium for 5yr/60k with $100 deductible is:
$1045 - www.fordwarrantys.com
$1235 - www.ford-extended-warranty.com ($1085 after $150 rebate)
$985 - www.fordesps.com

For a 2007 MMH it is:
$880 - www.fordwarrantys.com
$1120 - www.ford-extended-warranty.com ($970 after $150 rebate)
$985 - www.fordesps.com

This one didn't require a model year so I don't know how it applies:
$870 - www.discountfordwarranties.com

myfordwarranty.com seems to be the cheapest by a large margin, even when I looked a few weeks ago.
Tim, I think the cost from myfordwarranty has to be mistaken. They are charging less for ESP Premium ($570) than for ESP Base ($770). Looks to me like the real cost of the ESP Premium would be $1055. I think they reversed the rates on all their plans.

My feeling is that I'd like to extend the warranty to 5/100k with ESP Premium. I figure that after 5 years there will be a much improved FEH (or equivalent) on the market and I'll have to have it. So my '07 FEH isn't a long term keeper, as much as I love it.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mark E Smith
You get what you pay for. A cheap one will not cover alot of things and they will challenge every problem. One thing most will require is Proof of maintenace i.e. the Ford scheadualed maintenace. You must have reciepts with dates and mileage.
Mark,
If you look at the sites you will find that they are all the same Ford extended service plans covering the same items. These are not discount aftermarket plans.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

That would be good my point is make sure you know what it covers and esp keep your maintenace records.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:35 PM

I'm still considering an ESP, and went to www.fordwarrantys.com for another quote. They e-mailed me an offer of $180 off their regularly discounted price, which makes it a pretty good deal. FYI, if anyone is looking.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:59 PM
Enthusiast

I'd just make sure I got a Ford Extended Warranty, and not some aftermarket one.

Old 09-15-2007, 04:41 AM
2008 Escape Hybrid Owner

Once upon a time, I had a third party extended warranty. When the vehicle needed service, the dealer had to file a claim with the bankruptcy courts to see how much they could pay.

I recommend manufacturer's warranties.

Old 09-15-2007, 05:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

we bought our ESP at the time of purchase. they charged us $1200. then later we had to sign new paperwork cause they dropped the price to $1000.

Quick Reply: Extended Service Plan deals

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands