FEH 2008 yellow wrench light (highway driving only) - GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars

Go Back  GreenHybrid - Hybrid Cars > Hybrid Cars > Ford Motor Company > Ford Escape Hybrid
FEH 2008 yellow wrench light (highway driving only) >

FEH 2008 yellow wrench light (highway driving only)

FEH 2008 yellow wrench light (highway driving only)

Old 02-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Enthusiast
Unhappy FEH 2008 yellow wrench light (highway driving only)

Hello,

This issue has probably been addressed here fifty times already, I've read through some of the threads and taken some notes to give to my mechanic. So far I do recognise some of the symptoms and am hoping some of the suggestions made in other threads will work. I intend to follow up with the results here, in case anyone else is having a similar issue:

The car appears to run fine aside from higher RPMs than usual, no weird noises, and it's not stalling. My issue is on the highway only, after driving for at least 100kmph (62mph) or more for about 30 minutes. If I turn the car off, the light does not come on when I restart. This issue does not happen at lower speeds, it is exclusively when on the highway for extended periods of time. My fuel efficiency is significantly reduced (previously averaged 7L/100km or 33mpg and now averaging 11L/100km or 21mpg).

My mechanic tried to use a code reader while the light was on, but no error codes were found. As I understand it, he needs to use a scanner instead. I'll mention that to him as well, he might be able to get his hands on one that has Ford programming.

So far, my research tends to indicate more of a throttle control issue rather than a powertrain fault. The car just feels like it's getting too much gas, I don't feel any problems with the CVT or when shifting gears. I'm going to have him look at the throttle body, positioning sensor, and wiring, as well as the APP sensor. On the list is also the HV battery blender door actuator motor, the drive by wire throttle connection of the body or pedal, or the MECS pump is failing.

Has anyone found that their issue was not one of those listed above? If yes, how did you find or resolve the problem? Looking forward to getting to the bottom of this!

Thanks!

Abey