FEH Cat Converter Plugged

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 04:41 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH Cat Converter Plugged

The fuelschool website is interesting and useful. Take a read!

Here it is again:
http://fuelschool.blogspot.com/2009/...l-blended.html

Old 07-07-2011, 11:46 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH Cat Converter Plugged

Every so often some posts of people that I have on my ignore list show up in other websearches...

The discussion of whether synthetic ATF, which specifies it meets Mercon V specs, can be used in the FEH eCVT, postulates that certain brands cannot be used.

This position is without technical merit. The poster asserting that such ATFs void the Ford Warranty is just plain wrong.

Don't get confused by the brief discussion of Mercon V & Mercon LV. Different year FEHs, different design transaxles, different oils. Two different oils for different design transaxles.

I now understand more of the E-10 discussion that I have seen some posts that I didn't see before. Don't be confused by the extrapolation of marine fuel tank experience into automotive fuel tank experience. These are two different breeds of cat.

Simply put: ignore the related experience with marine fuel tanks.