FEH Colorado Tax Credit Info: Gone Missing

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 11:15 AM
N/A
Default FEH Colorado Tax Credit Info: Gone Missing

I know there are a lot of Colorado peeps here so I thought I'd let y'all know that the Dept of Revenue finally released an update to the tax credit chart. I've been wondering what to expect and eagerly opened it up to see.

Unfortunately, there is one 2008 vehicle missing: The FEH. Every other 2008 hybrid is there, but not yours. WTF?

http://www.revenue.state.co.us/fyi/pdf/income09.pdf

Maybe they've had to go back and re-calculate everything to account for the price increase from Ford. I'm just guessing. I haven't contacted them and don't know anything about it.

Check out the $13,779 credit for the Lexus 600h!!

That is just SO WRONG on many levels, but you've got to hand it to them for fairness in treating it like any other hybrid.

P.S. Forgot to note: The MMH is not on there either. Apologies to the Mercury folks for forgetting you.

Last edited by mtberman; 12-03-2007 at 11:20 AM. Reason: P.S.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:37 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH Colorado Tax Credit Info: Gone Missing

Originally Posted by mtberman
Check out the $13,779 credit for the Lexus 600h!!

That is just SO WRONG on many levels, but you've got to hand it to them for fairness in treating it like any other hybrid.
Ugh!!

Old 12-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I wouldn't totally freak out yet--they were pretty late in adding the '07 Civic last year and it got a credit. Still, it is a little disconcerting that a car that has been out as long as the '08 FEH/MMH would not be listed. I am guessing that is just an oversight at this point since other '08 Hondas and Toyotas (which are no longer eligable for the federal credit) are listed. After all, it is a full hybrid, and it is the ONLY full hybrid manufacturered in the US so they're pretty rotten if we don't get a credit!

Have you contacted anyone about this yet?

Old 12-03-2007, 03:01 PM
N/A

No, I haven't followed up. I figured I'd check in about a month if it's still not out. Maybe someone else will check and let us know what they hear.

I'm not at all concerned but it does seem odd. The FEH has been available in 2008 form much longer than other listed vehicles. Maybe it's because it's the only one for which mileage ratings significantly changed. OTOH, the credit appears to be based only on the cost difference between the vehicle and the same (or most similar) non-hybrid. In other words, once they decide its qualified it's just a calculation to help offset the cost. If that's it, then the calculations would have been goofed up by the recent price change on the FEH and MMH. My guess is that's why we haven;t seen the numbers yet.

I wonder how they account for that? In fairness, the credit for me should be lower than the credit available to someone buying now at the higher price. Regardless, we are very fortunate here in CO to get this credit.

Old 12-04-2007, 10:23 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Colorado is one of the best states for Hybrid rebates IMHO.

And unlike the IRS, if you don't qualify for some, or all of the credit this year, you can roll-over ( carry ) your credit for 5 years.

Since I was a single, college student, with low income in 2005, I didn't owe enough taxes to get the full credit... so I got ~$400 in 2005, $650 in 2006, and STILL have a couple grand waiting for me this year!