FEH and extreme cold climates-any issues?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 02:40 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert
Talking Re: FEH and extreme cold climates-any issues?

Definitions of "few":

Few: A small, but indefinate number
Few: A number small enough to be counted
Few: More than one, but not many
Few: A small number or amount
Few: Widely separated, or infrequent

I looked in 3 dictionaries, and none said 10 is more than a few.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: FEH and extreme cold climates-any issues?

Originally Posted by gpsman1
Definitions of "few":

Few: A small, but indefinate number
Few: A number small enough to be counted
Few: More than one, but not many
Few: A small number or amount
Few: Widely separated, or infrequent

I looked in 3 dictionaries, and none said 10 is more than a few.
What's a small numer? Is a MPG increase of 10MPG considered small or is 2MPG considered small? If you had a few beers, so is 10 considered a few?

Is this a sample of the attitude that got you banned forever from CleanMPG forum? A "few" users think that you should be banned from here too! That might mean about ten users with your way of thinking.

Old 01-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gpsman1
Willard, that's the best answer I've heard out of you ever.
I infer from that you understand the spirit of this conversation.

(don't let it go to your head)
If anyone has the time to waste on this sort of project, feel free. "All variables"? Good luck.

Old 01-20-2010, 01:26 PM
Active Enthusiast

Sorry, but I have to LOL at so of the things I read on the internet. The FEH is a good vehicle and I have taken it off road a few times, I even went to the jeep fest in Moab last Easter. It is not a 4wd to be taken into serious outback, I have my '00 Dodge Dak 4wd for those duties. To start with, it is really a FWD with limited RWD assist. Secondly, it is independant suspension which allows for poor articulation in the rough stuff. and formost it is too civilized to take anywhere other than a double track trail to a lake or a fire road.

It has been cold here in Utah, getting negative numbers most nights this last month, no issues here.

Also, i don't have the time to geek out to get an extra 1 or 2 MPG. The time i spend on that stuff is time away from other things like Natalie, my dogs, horses. I am glad I live in a small enough town that I can ride my horse to run most errands.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

Originally Posted by Jerry&Natalie
I am glad I live in a small enough town that I can ride my horse to run most errands.
Cool. Even in minus degrees?

Old 02-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Enthusiast

I'm new to this forum but i can personally respond to your post. I live in Delaware which normally we don't have severe winters, but this winter has been especially harsh. I have a 06 FEH 4WD and have taken it out in all weather conditions including our latest blast of snow which was over 22 inches. I have never had a problem with traction or getting stuck, the 4WD on the FEH engages automatically which, to me, is a lot better than having to manually engage the 4WD (for those that don't use 4WD for recreational/sport purposes) simply because you can focus on driving rather then worrying about when a good time would be to engage 4WD or trying to limit your speed when engaged.

You will, as many have stated, suffer minor drops in MPG due to the cold weather and the fact that you will probably be running your defroster which keeps the gas engine on. But i highly recommend the 4WD FEH 100% in 4 years and many snow/ice storms i've never once had an issue with it and have in many cases found myself towing other people out with it (which i don't recommend )