FEH & MMH owners with NAV radios...

Old 06-05-2006, 04:29 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default FEH & MMH owners with NAV radios...

Have any of you had any contact with Ford/Mercury regarding the salesmen, website, brochure, window sticker claims that the Nav radio can play MP3's and is Sirius compatible? I know some people have tried to go through Visteon or their dealers, but this is probably something that needs to be addressed to Ford directly. They advertised a product as having features that IT DOES NOT HAVE. I for one would like it to be addressed properly....either provide me with a Hybrid/Nav system that plays MP3's and is Sirius ready or give me my $1000 back.

So, what is the best approach? Letter writing? Petitions? Phone calls? If only a couple of people complain we'll get nothing, and I'm not about to hire a lawyer to fight Ford....and a class action suit will only get money for the lawyers and we'll all get 3 free oil changes or some BS.

How many of you out there are in the same boat?

Last edited by Tim K; 06-10-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Default Re: FEH & MMH owners with NAV radios...

We pretty much all are.... and probably in 2 years or so we'll all get a letter from some class action suit that someone filed and an offer for a free "ice cream cone" while the lawyers get $40,000,000 in fees.

Other than that.... I'm not sure we'll get much relief. I've rarely heard of any company volunteering something for that kind of issue until they get sued.

Old 06-05-2006, 07:58 PM
Escape Hybrid Enthusiast

As I see it on the Ford Website, it is not the Hybrid Energy Audio & Navigation System (no mention of MP3/Satellite) that has these capabilities but the 320-watt Audiophile 6-disc in-dash CD system with 7 speakers (Satellite and mp3 capable). This is copied from Ford's site - don't know what your salesman told you.

Old 06-05-2006, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by VietVet'67
As I see it on the Ford Website, it is not the Hybrid Energy Audio & Navigation System (no mention of MP3/Satellite) that has these capabilities but the 320-watt Audiophile 6-disc in-dash CD system with 7 speakers (Satellite and mp3 capable). This is copied from Ford's site - don't know what your salesman told you.
I think that Ford recently changed the text on their website, as I believe Mercury did as well. However, I believe that it used to state on both sites that the Nav system was Sirius and MP3 capable. Mercury's site STILL lists the Nav system as MP3 capable. Both Mercury and Ford salesmen told me that both were available with the Nav system. I have the Mercury brochure in front of me which explicitly states THREE seperate times that the Premium package includes the Hybrid/Nav radio with MP3 and Sirius capability. I also have the window sticker which lists the radio as MP3 capable.

Well, I just composed a letter to Ford Motor Co addressing my concerns. We'll see what, if anything, they have to say.

Last edited by Tim K; 06-10-2006 at 04:28 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:10 PM

I buy new cars so rarely that I do a lot of research before taking the plunge. I knew the features of the various radio options before going to a single dealership, and knew I wouldn't be getting MP3 capability with the top tier (Nav) radio in the FEH. While that's one of my "pet peeves" because I feel the top tier radio should absolutely support MP3 CDs, I knew it going in. Good thing, too, because my salesman knew less about hybrids or the FEH in particular than I could have ever imagined.

Old 06-27-2006, 06:19 PM

So it took them 3 weeks to respond and they did so by leaving me a voicemail. The general gist of it was that "they appreciated my feedback, but that I should address these issues with the dealership". I wish I had been home to take the call so that I could ask them who built the car, advertised the car, printed the brochure, printed and affixed the window sticker, produced their website, and educated the dealer. I think the answer to all of those questions is Ford Motor Company....and therefore, Ford Motor Company is responsible for the screwup not the dealer. I think they left a number so I'll try calling them back.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

I believe I still have all the original printed brochures. When I get home I'll look and see what they say.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:16 PM

I've got the MMH brochure which is peppered with claims that the Hybrid system is compatible with both Sirius and MP3 CDs. Either I have a newer FEH brochure that had it removed or they never mention either of them. The FEH brochure has very little information so it probably just isn't in there.

Old 07-02-2006, 12:07 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tim K
I've got the MMH brochure which is peppered with claims that the Hybrid system is compatible with both Sirius and MP3 CDs. Either I have a newer FEH brochure that had it removed or they never mention either of them. The FEH brochure has very little information so it probably just isn't in there.
There are some key words you need to consider here... you said the brochure stated "the Hybrid system is compatible with both Sirius and MP3 CDs" However, you never mentioned the NAV system. These are two distinctly different systems.

However, I did notice there is a wiring harness available in the 06 FEH accessories catalog for MP3 players.

The part is located on page 6 of the pdf file for the 2006 FEH accessories catalog (downloadabled from FordAccessories.com ) is is part number 19C142 and is titled "TripTunes".

Hope this helps.

Last edited by rihavo; 07-02-2006 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Added "TripTunes" part information
Old 07-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Prof. of Hybridology

I checked the brochures for the FEH. Nothing I got specifically said MP3 Capable.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: FEH & MMH owners with NAV radios...

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands