FEH seats change over the years?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Imported from Detroit
Default Re: FEH seats change over the years?

Originally Posted by stevedebi
Bill-
Yes, my DRL come on whenever the vehicle is in gear.

You have to tell the dealer to enable it. There is a setting in the smart junction box that turns it on, at least on the 2008, and I suspect the 2009. The Canadian model has it enabled by default due to their laws up there.

It has to be programmed by the dealer. They did it for free.
Thanks! That's a new one on me as there's nothing in the owner's manual about that dealer setup.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:02 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wptski
Thanks! That's a new one on me as there's nothing in the owner's manual about that dealer setup.
You may have a difficult time. I recall that I had to print out and bring the instructions to the dealer.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...o-favor-20321/

Old 02-11-2010, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by 08FEH
Maybe you misunderstood,

I have ALWAYS purchased fuel at a pump that had the 10% ethanol sticker, both trucks.

I'm not completely wrong, I know what I've owned. My wife agrees.

Have you ever owned a 2008 Gary? I didn't think so.

You believe (and preach) whatever you want, fact is the 09 I have owned for 30,000 miles does not get as good gas mileage than the 08 I sold.

What else can I say other than you take things way to personal.

I'm glad you love your 09, I think mine sucks.

End of conversation.
Sean, you smell as a Ford basher! That's all I've heard from your first post I've read. I've tried to help you but your wrong in everything you do. You picked a low volume dealer to order a '09 FEH but you still blame Ford. Sell your '09 FEH if that's what you want!. I just got a 57.9 tank on E10 but I don't see any of your numbers.

GaryG

Last edited by GaryG; 02-12-2010 at 07:22 AM.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GaryG
Sean, you smell as a Ford basher! That's all I've heard from your first post I've read. I've tried to help you but your wrong in everything you do. You picked a low volume dealer to order a '09 FEH but you still blame Ford. Sell your '09 FEH if that's what you want!. I just got a 57.9 tank on E10 but I don't see any of your numbers you ***** and Ford basher.

GaryG
You are way out of line. Watch your step chief with a small c.

You might consider getting some help.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by GaryG
Sean, you smell as a Ford basher! That's all I've heard from your first post I've read. I've tried to help you but your wrong in everything you do. You picked a low volume dealer to order a '09 FEH but you still blame Ford. Sell your '09 FEH if that's what you want!. I just got a 57.9 tank on E10 but I don't see any of your numbers.

GaryG
Gary,
I don't see how he is a Ford basher when he wants his 2008 (Ford) back...

Personally, I don't follow the extreme hypermiler profile. I just want decent mileage. It sounds like Sean is similar, and for him the same driving profiles yield worse results with his particular 2009 FEH. He is the first one to report any such results, so perhaps something is wrong with his unit.

Old 02-12-2010, 07:12 PM

Gary,
I don't see how he is a Ford basher when he wants his 2008 (Ford) back...

Personally, I don't follow the extreme hypermiler profile. I just want decent mileage. It sounds like Sean is similar, and for him the same driving profiles yield worse results with his particular 2009 FEH. He is the first one to report any such results, so perhaps something is wrong with his unit.
Steve, that's just it, Sean is the only one to report worse MPG results than the '08 FEH. He gives no station brand or location and does not disclose the mileage he is comparing to the '08 or '09 FEH he claims he owned. Sean has bashed about Ford on this and other forums since I can remember. Tried to help him out with the Mullinax Ford recommendation buy but I don't know he even owns a '09 FEH because he says he bought from a location I could not verify.

I'm the only hypermiler in my family and I see much more results of non hypermilers like you and everyone else every day.

This ethanol issue tells me Sean ls not posting the truth!

GaryG

Old 02-12-2010, 07:47 PM

Gary, I'm not going to ask you again to stop with the personal character attacks.

Old 02-12-2010, 08:04 PM

Steve,

The reason you may not be seeing others reporting a drop in mpg between the 08 and the 09 might be because I'm sure there aren't too many other members that have owned both.

For anyone to post that my information is an untruth without having owned both model years doesn't seem very credible to me.

I offered you the information in an attempt to educate you as to MY experience with the two different model years.

Use it or discard it, it really makes no difference to me.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone here. I have given you my opinion so I see no need to post further in this thread.

Catch you in another discussion!

Sean

Old 02-16-2010, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by 08FEH
Steve,

The reason you may not be seeing others reporting a drop in mpg between the 08 and the 09 might be because I'm sure there aren't too many other members that have owned both.

For anyone to post that my information is an untruth without having owned both model years doesn't seem very credible to me.

I offered you the information in an attempt to educate you as to MY experience with the two different model years.

Use it or discard it, it really makes no difference to me.

I don't have to prove anything to anyone here. I have given you my opinion so I see no need to post further in this thread.

Catch you in another discussion!

Sean
Sean,
Upgrade is not an option for me, I'm still paying on this one.

Are you confusing me with someone else? I accept your information as presented in your case. I'm just wondering if something is wrong with your 2009 FEH.

The 2008 used (basically) the same mechanical components as the 2005-2007, so it should produce the same results as earlier FEH when upgrading to a 2009-2010.

Old 02-16-2010, 03:28 PM

Sean,
Upgrade is not an option for me, I'm still paying on this one.

Are you confusing me with someone else? I accept your information as presented in your case. I'm just wondering if something is wrong with your 2009 FEH.

The 2008 used (basically) the same mechanical components as the 2005-2007, so it should produce the same results as earlier FEH when upgrading to a 2009-2010.
That's right Steve, I drive the '05 and '09 FEH on a daily basis since new and I've drove the '08 FEH and it's maybe 1 or 2mpg better than my '05 at best. You put E10 in the '05 - '08 FEH and they are dogs as far as pick-up and the MPG drops 6-7mpg. The '05 - '08 FEH does great on straight gas but my '09 FEH far exceeds my '05mpg with straight gas with E10. My wife and I have 40,000 miles experience with straight gas and 25,000 miles experience with E10 on my '05 FEH which has the same engine as the '08 FEH.

I agree with Sean that he most likely has nothing wrong with his '09 FEH or he would have found out long before 30,000 miles with engine codes and messages. If it was brakes, joints or bearing problems he would also know by now.

GaryG

Quick Reply: FEH seats change over the years?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands