FEH vs MMH

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 01:12 PM
Enthusiast
Question FEH vs MMH

I haven'tfound a thread to this effect-but if I missed it sorry.
It seems that the FEH's are virtually impossible to find in some/many/most area's and production is not terrible customer friendly so what are the differences between them and the MMH? Are the MMH's easier to find? Similiar is mileage? etcc... most posts are about the FEH but the two are lumped together into the same forum? Just thinking that I am not sure I want/can wait 4-6 months for a new FEH and paying another 2k above what I was thinking also hard to swallow-really need a car now? any help?
Krista

Old 04-30-2008, 01:22 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: FEH vs MMH

There are a lot more FEHs produced than MMHs, so it would probably be more difficult to find a Mercury. However, when we bought, none of the Ford dealers had any, but our local Mercury dealer had two so we bought one. The cars are identical in every way mechanically so all mileage will be the same. I don't think there are any differences in terms of suspension damping or ride characteristics either (or at least not that I've read about).

The main difference that I know of (other than the grill and tail lights) is that the Ford has more flexibility on options. For instance, you can get leather without the nav/premium sound on the Ford but they are all combined on the Mercury. You could find out more about this by comparing the Ford and Mercury websites' build/price pages.

Another difference is that the Mariner comes with the door keypad but the FEH has it as a dealer installed option--reason enough to buy the Mariner in my opinion .

Old 04-30-2008, 03:44 PM
Enthusiast

If you are not getting invoice price you can save with the x-plan pin from Ford.

Post a request at http://www.blueovalforums.com/forums...p?showforum=45.

I got one from this site and it saved me $$$ and I did not have to think about the price.

You will have to see if the dealer will except the X-plan and it may take a day or two to get the pin #.

Old 04-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Enthusiast

If you are ordering a new FEH or MMH I believe that the MMH can be had in a shorter period of time (10 to 12 weeks vs 14 to 18 weeks for the FEH). That's because the scheduling alotment at the assembly plant slightly favors the MMH. Check with your local Mercury dealer to verify but I know my son was seriously looking at ordering a MMH about a month ago and his local Mercury dealer guaranteed a 12 week delivery and said that he figured it would arrive sooner than that.

I'm glad that I ordered my MMH in May 2008 - - it arrived in 5 weeks! And I love it!! Averaging 32.5 MPG for 11,000 miles.

Old 05-01-2008, 08:04 AM

There is at least 1 very old thread, probably about a year ago when I tried to compare. The differences, aside from what Kristian mentioned, were mininmal. Color of interior, chrome accesnts on the vents, my biggie was the keyless entry keypad. I'll try to find my post and add it.

Found it (easier to find when you started it
https://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/...-vs-feh-13830/

Still not much, accents, colors, grill, tail lights, lumbar, keyless entry.

Last edited by 08hybridok; 05-01-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 08hybridok
The differences were mininmal. Color of interior, chrome accesnts on the vents, my biggie was the keyless entry keypad. Still not much, accents, colors, grill, tail lights, lumbar, keyless entry.
Can you elaborate on the different interior color options b/w the FEH and the MMH? I thought you could only get the grey stone interior color on either model? I would be extremely happy to find out that is not the case, as I love the other interior options available on the MMH and not being able to get those is pretty much the only thing holding me back from purchasing the MMH. Thanks.

Old 05-06-2008, 09:11 AM
Enthusiast

Does anyone know-Does lumbar seats come standard on the MMH? on the mercury site there is no mention of them anywhere just talks about the 6 way driver side seat.
thanks so much
krista

Old 05-06-2008, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by abelkrista
Does anyone know-Does lumbar seats come standard on the MMH? on the mercury site there is no mention of them anywhere just talks about the 6 way driver side seat.
thanks so much
krista
Driver side has them, passenger does not. It is a manual control, not electric.

Old 05-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Hybrid and Ethanol Expert

You can add a wireless, keyless entry pad to any Ford vehicle for about $85.
( If a dealer tries to sell you one for $189 or $199 installed, ask them in a naive voice:
"Doesn't that just come with waterproof double sided tape? And can't I program it in 30 seconds like a 3rd or 4th key?" )

The answer to both questions is "yes". Thus, when face to face with an informed customer, they will have no other option but to sell you the part for a reasonable price, without the $100 of "labor". The part sells for $85 or $89 online.

That's what I did. My FEH now has a keypad just like the MMH!

P.S. There is a "normal" keypad (used on cars 1998-2005 ) and a "slim" keypad used on the newest cars. Both work the same. The "slim" keypad costs more. The $85 price is for the "normal" keypad.