Ford Escape

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 05:22 PM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford Escape

Originally Posted by GaryG

The fact that taxi companies are converting Escapes to CNG sends a red flag up to me. I wouldn't buy a non plug-in hybrid myself and the taxis can't use a plug-in hybrid because of down time. I think Ford is going to drop the non plug-in hybrids altogether because they have to cheat about their EPA MPG ratings. The regular gas engines are now starting to get the same real MPG.
Ford competed for the latest NYC taxi contract with the Transit Connect/CNG but lost to Nissan. I see Ford still plans to build CNG/LNG Transit Connects and they'll probably pursue the taxi fleet business with those. I bet the Escape CNGs were an a temporary stopgap before the Transit Connects were being imported.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:36 PM
Imported from Detroit

Originally Posted by GaryG
That's when you **** someone off behind you and cause road rage. We see it here all the time when these snowbirds come down and hold back 10 cars behind them going half the speed limit on a two lane road with no passing stripes. People behind you here doing the speed limit will even get mad.

GaryG
I thought that was describing P&G/Hypermiling?

Old 04-24-2013, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by wptski
I thought that was describing P&G/Hypermiling?
That's what you want to believe about hypermilers and in some cases some hypermilers think that's the way to hypermile. It's not, blocking the flow of traffic is a violation of the law and I don't do it and don't want people doing it to me. I do not do P&G where traffic will be effected. I'm the hypermiler sitting next to you on the road getting more than twice the MPG you are getting and you will never notice how. I don't have crashes and get tickets, I drive smart and avoid the vehicles around me that will hit me if I don't get out of their way. It's called defensive driving! Knowing how to accelerate and decelerate (coasting) is the key to hypermiling.

GaryG