Ford escape hybrid ac vent temps

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 07:46 AM
Enthusiast
Default Ford escape hybrid ac vent temps

The dealer replaced my transmission in November and had to disconnect my AC hoses to get the transmission out of my car. Since this was done, my AC never feels as cold as it use to. I have been to the dealer several times and each time he tells me there is no leak and he can not find a problem. It was 90 yesterday and the vent temperature was coming out at 61 degrees when on the highway but it goes all the way up to 68 at idle. I told him I think the receiver dryer needed to be replaced because the dealer had the system open for a couple of days and it most likely has moisture in there. Can someone please tell me what normal vent temps are for this car at different temperatures. I might add that the battery fans are being replaced on Monday because the scanner said they were not working. Any ideas would be appreciated, Marc
xraymarc Posts: 3E-C ROOKIEJoined: July 23rd, 2011, 5:55 pmTop

Old 07-30-2011, 12:07 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford escape hybrid ac vent temps

I had trouble with our FEH cooling and they found a leak in the lines that go to the hybrid battery cooling system. It was only cooling from 90 outside to 70 coming out of air conditioning duct. Today it is down to 48 in the duct or around a 40 degree drop. The Ford dealer said you should see at least 35 degree drop in a properly working system.

Old 07-31-2011, 09:26 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford escape hybrid ac vent temps

Once the cabin atmospheric, air, temperature declines to within 3-5 degrees of your temperature setpoint the system outlet airflow will be moderated to a level that just sustains the cabin temperature.

Setpoint at 72F, cabin air now at or very near the setpoint, the system outlet temperature in the range you quote is not abnormal and generally will not vary much except due to sun radiation, sun's radiant heating effects.