Ford Lemon Law-ing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 04:59 PM
Enthusiast
Default Ford Lemon Law-ing?

Has anyone ever had to deal with their state's lemon law with respect to Ford? If so, how did the reply?

I have had a cyclical squealing problem (which has been identified with the brakes, as they replaced the parking brake assembly last time), and this will be the 3rd trip to the shop. If they dont get it fixed, Georgia Lemon Law says that is means to start invoking the Lemon Law.

So, basically, if you have had to do it, has Ford been good in handling all of it?

I am really bummed about this, but if this 3rd trip to the shop (in a year of having my brand new FEH) doesn't fix it, I dont know what else to do.

Old 03-21-2008, 08:04 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Ford Lemon Law-ing?

[quote=aGDevil2k;165772
[I]I dont know what else to do.[/[/I]quote]

Send a private email to Mark Smith who is the professional mechanic here on this site and see what he says.

Old 03-21-2008, 09:02 PM
Active Enthusiast

Is this the same squealing problem everyone gets that goes away if you drive for a bit with the parking brake on?

Old 03-21-2008, 10:21 PM
Enthusiast

Yes, and even after trying that, it comes back once the car has been in warm weather, driving for a bit.

Thanks Billy. I will contact Mark.

Old 03-22-2008, 08:23 AM
Active Enthusiast

Odd. I have a squealing wheel on the left front, only in a tight left turn. I was going to talk to the dealer service about it next time I was in there but I wonder if this is some sort of design problem with the Escape?

I hadn't noticed my parking brake wheel squealing.

Old 03-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Its not really a defect. It has to do with the composition of the brake pads and I will bet the use of regen braking, which lowers the load on the brakes not allowing them to "clean" properly. The Prius has some of these problems also. I doubt Ford uses a different pad for the hybrid. An after market (non Ford) pad might stop this but I could not begin to guess which one. But if I was to start I would start with Bendix premium pads. Its interesting that the better the pads performance the more likely they will squeak. I would try the cleaning procedure before I got really upset or changed pads. ( 60 mph, in N and stop hard a few times, also try the same at a lower speed in reverse)

Old 03-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Active Enthusiast

Why in Neutral?

Old 03-22-2008, 10:36 PM
Enthusiast

I assume that he wants it in Nutral so that there is no slowing down of the car from drive train drag. This way you will have to use all brakes to slow the car.

I have tried to have Ford buy back my F-350 dually and they were impossible to deal with. Saab bought my 9-3 back with out me even asking!! Unfortunately Ford does not seem to value the customer as much as some of the other manufacturers do. I hope to have much better luck with my Escape as I swore I was done with them. Time will tell

Old 03-23-2008, 07:34 AM
Omnia Gloria Fugit

Why in Neutral?
The regen braking is turned off in neutral, so the load is on the standard brakes.

Old 03-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Enthusiast

Well, apparently, Ford is still "investigating" the issue and it's not as simple as stated above (this is just what I am told). But they have been investigating it since September with my car. Anyhow, the dealer has even suggested I go ahead and start the Lemon process. I think they want me to get a new one. Because all of the things they do are just, admittedly, temporary fixes. I am mailing the letter tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Ford Lemon Law-ing?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands