GM and Ford to share technology?

Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Enthusiast
Default GM and Ford to share technology?

I saw this on the GM Volt info site and thought it might be of interest to some here.

http://gm-volt.com/2008/08/04/gm-may...ain-with-ford/

Old 08-04-2008, 10:37 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: GM and Ford to share technology?

Technology sharing seems to be the trend. The Dodge/Chrysler hybird SUVs that will be released next month will use the same 2 mode hybrid drive/transmission that is used on the GM hybrids.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:25 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: GM and Ford to share technology?

Tech sharing is definitely nothing new. It sounds a little like GM is needing a partner (no surprise to me since the Volt project seems to be getting watered down almost weekly, presumably by the accounting side) and Ford would love to have some insight on the project and the technology to stuff into it's little cars. Note there's no mention of GM getting any of Ford's technology.

Didn't GM just announce that it was dropping the Volt's proposed new 3 cylinder turbo range extender for an off the shelf naturally aspirated 4 cylinder?