High Voltage Cut off switch

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 12:41 AM
Enthusiast
Default High Voltage Cut off switch

Can anyone give me a hint as to where the high voltage cut off switch might be? The manual states it is in the rear tool compartment where the jack is located. I cannot locate it on my 2007 FEH. The fuel cut off switch is next to the passenger right footwell.

Old 10-21-2006, 06:17 AM
Default Re: High Voltage Cut off switch

There is a plug on top of the HV battery under the carpet that can be removed. Service Techs remove this plug when working on th vehicle to prevent electrical accidents. Firefighter also are instructed to remove the plug in severe accidents.

GaryG

Old 10-21-2006, 06:36 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bosh
Can anyone give me a hint as to where the high voltage cut off switch might be? The manual states it is in the rear tool compartment where the jack is located. I cannot locate it on my 2007 FEH. The fuel cut off switch is next to the passenger right footwell.
Check this document out. It should help:
Escape Hybrid or Mariner Hybrid Emergency Response Guide

Old 10-21-2006, 08:52 AM

I think you are looking for this... its on the back side of the bracket that holds the jack. Red button in the center of both pictures.

https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/fi...8/PA210616.JPG
https://www.greenhybrid.com/share/fi...8/PA210617.JPG

Old 10-21-2006, 02:18 PM

Shannon,

Thanks for posting that link. I read the first version over a year ago, but recommend everyone that owns any year FEH/MMH read the second version. There is a lot of information in that small Emergency Responce lesson that I now understand better. It's like seeing a movie twice and realizing you missed half of it the first time.

GaryG

Old 10-21-2006, 06:19 PM
Enthusiast

Thanks for the help. I will check this out ASAP. I am still trying to figure out what that little box is near the tool kit. Seems to have some cooling fins. Some kind of voltage regulator.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:10 PM

Thanks for the help. I will check this out ASAP. I am still trying to figure out what that little box is near the tool kit. Seems to have some cooling fins. Some kind of voltage regulator.
It looks to me like its just an amplifier for the subwoofer.

Last edited by TeeSter; 10-21-2006 at 10:18 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:40 PM
Enthusiast

Sometimes I wonder how the heck I can drive a car when I ask such stupid questions. Thanks for the help.

Old 10-22-2006, 08:52 PM

No worries. I don't know for sure thats what it is but I've installed a stereo with sub before and it looks like one, and the sub is next to it. There is a bunch of voltage converter equipment but its up front and there is actually a separate cooling system for it. Thats why there are two coolant reservoirs.

The button... frankly its placed in a really hard to get at place. Who would think it would be on the BACK SIDE of a bracket!

As for being stupid.... you're talking to someone that took a week to figure out the cubbyhole to on the dash to the left of the mirror adjustment is for quarters, a similiar time to figure out what the holder under the center console was.... etc.

Last edited by TeeSter; 10-22-2006 at 09:02 PM.