Highest Mile Escape

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 03:07 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Highest Mile Escape

I just saw a thread on the honda forum about a 200,000 mile civic.
Since the stories we read here tend to be people that are experienceing problems with their escape I just started to wonder,
Who here has the most miles on the Escape/Mariner/Trib. ??

Old 02-03-2011, 05:42 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Highest Mile Escape

Here's a 2007 Taxi FEH on eBay with 260,000mi. The poster goes on to say "I have had other Escape's in stock with over 340k miles."

eBay 2007 Ford FEH

Old 02-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MyPart
Here's a 2007 Taxi FEH on eBay with 260,000mi. The poster goes on to say "I have had other Escape's in stock with over 340k miles."

eBay 2007 Ford FEH
Finding the FEH Taxi Fleet in Manhattan convinced me
that the FEH is a more then just reliable vehicle. Others
are in Chicago and San Francisco. Just a few months
ago the SanFran fleet retired 10 FEH's with over 300k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeuRkoLuY5U

for a look. My favorite is:

http://www.earthcam.com/usa/newyork/timessquare/

cam2. Watch'em go by one after the other. Even more
fun was watch'em go by during that really nasty snow
storm a couple weeks ago.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Active Enthusiast

We have 175k mi on our '06. We're the original owners. The wife used to spin on about 40k mi/year until she got a different position with her work. We're down to about 1/2 that now.

Old 02-11-2011, 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by jworth
We have 175k mi on our '06. We're the original owners. The wife used to spin on about 40k mi/year until she got a different position with her work. We're down to about 1/2 that now.
What's the most expensive repair you've had to make?

Old 02-13-2011, 07:50 PM
Active Enthusiast

I haven't had to do a lot to it. When it was fairly new we had the rear brake rotors replaced under warranty and also a rear strut. Since then other than routine maintenance which I do myself, I've changed the MECS pump and the blend door actuator. I don't think the MECS pump had failed yet but it seemed to be intermittently noisier than it had been and I wanted to change it as preventative maintenance. Nether of those changes cost a whole lot. I added adjustable rear control arms so I could set the camber. I added cam bolts on the front so I could change the camber there as well. FWIW, I can actually get a true alignment now. I've changed the rear brake pads. I relocated the heated seat switches into the console. I suppose that's about it. The most expensive singe item in that list that we had to pay for was probably the MECS pump. That's been a while but I'm thinking that was in the neighborhood of $150, again with me doing the labor.

Old 02-14-2011, 12:12 AM
Pretty Darn Active Enthusiast

http://www.greencarreports.com/blog/...000-plus-miles was a story about the 300K mile FEHs. http://www.autoblog.com/2007/04/04/f...new-york-stre/ from 2007 mentions 175K mile NYC FEHs.

If one thinks a 200K mile HCH is a big deal, look at http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome. One Prius has >1 million km (~621K miles) and needed a new HV battery at 700K km (~435K miles).

Old 02-18-2011, 08:26 AM
Enthusiast

134,000 FWD 05 Escape Hybrid. Never been to a dealer, bought at 25K with salvage title after mild rear hit and already repaired when I picked up. Never seen a mechanic- or needed to other for state inspection.

2 sets tires, 10k oil changes, 50,000k fuel filter changes, etc. Plugs at 1,000,000. 1 12v battery at 5.4 years. Even original brakes-- but that can't last forever.

Operated in Iowa and MO at over 95 degrees in summer, teens and below in winter- air works, heat works, everything works.

I gotta believe with this vehicle it is age rather than total mileage that will be it's downfall- as the electronics get older and seals begin to harden on the delicate electronics- stuff will certainly happen- so I am working to rack up the miles and not worrying about it.

2wd drives like 1 wd in the snow and is a real danger in hilly, windy country- but that is only drawback.

After this praise- it will probably die tomorrow...

Old 02-18-2011, 12:12 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piquant
I gotta believe with this vehicle it is age rather than total mileage that will be it's downfall- as the electronics get older and seals begin to harden on the delicate electronics- stuff will certainly happen...
Many thanks for that info. That's great information.
I wanted to comment on the electronics. Most of the
sensitive Hybrid stuff is in the eCVT. I've quite
a lot of experience with military and industrial
system ( servos mostly ) and as long as they are
not abused they could last a very very long time.
Much longer then the usefulness of the vehicle.
Heat and cycling ( being turned on and off ) are
the enemy of electronic systems like this.
Extreme cold can effect it and you see that
all the time here.

I put very few miles on my vehicle ( 06 FEH ).
Typically no more then 300mi/month. So I'm
gonna be interested in things like do you
change your synthetic oil once per year rather
then at 10,000 miles? I say yes.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:07 PM

"Heat and cycling ( being turned on and off ) are
the enemy of electronic systems like this.
Extreme cold can effect it and you see that
all the time here."

I live where the winter is quite cold, -20ºF or colder not uncommon, and I've taken to just leaving the block heater plugged in all the time. Used to try and lead using it by, say, 3 hours or so, but I get quicker transition to the battery this way.

Quick Reply: Highest Mile Escape

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands