how much did you pay?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2005, 11:40 AM
Enthusiast
Default Re: Paid Invoice

I just bought an Escape Hybrid on 4/8/05. I paid $100 under MSRP. I worked with Hamid. I cannot believe that they are pulling this on you. I flew up from Florida and drove the car back so I wouldn't have to pay the $2000 premium down here. I was recommending them on the sight and they do this! You are not working with the correct salesman. Try Hamid. His sales manager is young Steve(there are two Steves) They absolutely will sell at MSRP get with Hamid. Let me know how is goes.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:20 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: Paid Invoice

That is good to know. Hamid Mahjor? Not sure if he is in now, but he does still work there. This MSRP markup is very interesting and not very appealing. Can I use your name when working on the deal? If not, do you mind if I mention Hamid and the recent sale?

Old 04-22-2005, 04:41 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: how much did you pay?

I paid just under invoice on the day before Thanksgiving. I was a walk-in and I drove it home that day.

I had seen Escape Hybrids around at various work related events (I work in Air Quality) since the early 2000s and I knew the development cycle was a long one and most of the major issues had been resolved. The Dealer didn't realy know what to make of the thing and they had 2 on the lot, one with all the bells and whitles and one with no options but the 110 plug. At the time I was driving an F-250 that I kept wanting to convert to LPG (not legal in Cal, but done anyway) which I can get for alot less than gasoline. Once I did the math on the hybrid though I realized I would safe more money going that route and I actually have a vehicle I could park in a normal space.

I did have to hangle most of the afternoon, but I eventually got the pirce I wanted for my trade (which they sold me 3 years before) and got the acessories I wanted on the Escape. Until the breakdown last week (see other thread) the rest was gravy. The other EH sat at the dealer for 6 weeks before it got snapped up and today they have sold 6 (it is a small market and they are a small dealer). Compared to our Toyota and Honda dealers, who sell hybrids by the ton, our FOrd dealer is kind of missing the boat, but it is a totally new market for them and they don't understand the customers. They are used to Rednecks buying big trucks, not hippies trying to be green.

Chris Brown
Mendocino County California
120 miles north of San Fran and 250 miles south of Oregon - where the redwoods meet the snow and even the republicans grow dope.

Old 04-22-2005, 04:59 PM
Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cdbrow1
I had seen Escape Hybrids around at various work related events (I work in Air Quality) since the early 2000s

Can you clarify/elaborate on this? Were you seeing prototypes?

Old 04-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

When the Prius II was first announced, Carson Toyota in SoCal sold them below MSRP. Within a couple of months, when it became clear the car was a hit, the people promised the car at lower going price on the showroom floor were left stranded on their 'list' for upwards of a year. Changes in demand are reflected by the dealer quickly.

I don't know how the FEH is doing consumer demand wise, but a price from months ago may not reflect what you are going to hear today. Some dealers will routinely try to gouge the last penny from every customer; others will avoid the bad reputation that practice brings with it. Call around, especially outside cities where hybrids are not much sought by the locals. I would also look for yahoo groups or websites that are specifically FEH focused, for more buyer's experiences.

Old 04-23-2005, 05:02 AM
Active Enthusiast

I am negotioating with a dealer in the No. Va area. The sales rep says they want $3,000 over MSRP, but might come down to $1,500 over MSRP. The charge is called the ADM, translated as something like Area Dealer Markup. I called a Norfolk area, they do not charge and ADM, but did not sound flexible on the MSRP. The sales rep in Norfolk had never heard of an ADM and I had to explain what it was. I may contact Richmond later today. Other posters on this site have gotten $0 ADM from my same dealer, so I am going to try harder with him or walk out. Will let everyone know what happens.

Old 04-23-2005, 11:24 AM
Active Enthusiast

Prototypes and mockups. Nothing they would let us touch or look under the hood of. I don't think I ever saw one move on it's own.

Chris.

Can't seem to find the photos, but i'll keep looking.

Old 04-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Enthusiast

After a lot of back and forth with the salesperson, we agreed on $1500 over invioce. Not a good deal but with todays gas prices, OK. Bought from local dealer in Placerville, CA. Im sure that they would give the same deal to anyone as they are a new dealership and need the business. Our sales guy was Fred Betleyoun 530 622-5460.

Old 04-29-2005, 10:01 PM
Enthusiast

Just paid MSRP to the penny. I was able to get a nearby dealer to go $150 under MSRP, but they didn't seem like a dealership that I wanted to give my business to.

For those who are interested, I live in the Raleigh/Durham area of NC and they have at least 7-8 FEH's per lot across 4 dealerships. Plenty in stock, and no one over MSRP. It's funny how "competition" keeps it at MSRp, but they still won't budge below it.

Old 05-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Hybrid_SUV_Owner
Thumbs up Re: how much did you pay?

Originally Posted by dknapp
I am negotioating with a dealer in the No. Va area. The sales rep says they want $3,000 over MSRP, but might come down to $1,500 over MSRP. The charge is called the ADM, translated as something like Area Dealer Markup. I called a Norfolk area, they do not charge and ADM, but did not sound flexible on the MSRP. The sales rep in Norfolk had never heard of an ADM and I had to explain what it was. I may contact Richmond later today. Other posters on this site have gotten $0 ADM from my same dealer, so I am going to try harder with him or walk out. Will let everyone know what happens.
Might I suggest you contact Bowie Clift at Shelor Motor Mile in Christiansburg, VA. I drove down there from DC and bought an FEH in early Feb for invoice. Beats paying the ADM! I highly recommend the dealer and salesperson.... About 200 mi from DC.

Their website is: http://ford.shelor.com/

Phone#1-877-474-3567

**I have no vested interest in this dealer, just don't want to see anyone get ripped off by having to pay too much $$.

Nate

Quick Reply: how much did you pay?

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands