Electric Vehicle Forums

Electric Vehicle Forums (/forums/)
-   Ford Escape Hybrid (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/)
-   -   How much to pay for a 2007 Escape Hybrid? (https://electricvehicleforums.com/forums/ford-escape-hybrid-26/how-much-pay-2007-escape-hybrid-10142/)

melandry 09-25-2006 10:51 AM

How much to pay for a 2007 Escape Hybrid?

I am looking at the 2007 Ford Esacpe Hybrid here in Dallas, TX.

MSRP with options is $28410.

I have an internet quote from the dealer that he will sell it for $27593.70 plus TT&L.

Invoice price with same options is $26641.

Is this a good deal? Can I get the vehicle for lower than $27593.70?

I was aiming for $27100, is that reasonable?

I am curious how the new 2007 Escape Hybrids are selling and what Ford dealers are getting for them (price as a percentage of MSRP or invoice plus$xxx).

Any information would be most helpful! :D

WaltPA 09-25-2006 10:56 AM

Re: How much to pay for a 2007 Escape Hybrid?

I just got a MMH, and I paid x-plan for it, which is about $100 under invoice. Adding to that, was just TT&L and nothing else (no advertising fees or doc fees). I also got 0% financing, which I believe is available to everyone now.

If a dealer local to you will not do invoice pricing, I would suggest going with x-plan. To get x-plan, you just need to find a Ford employee and become friends with them. :D

Here is one way to find such a nice friend...

Ford X-Plan PIN Requests

Tim K 09-25-2006 11:33 AM

In may we got our 2006 MMH for $1950 below MSRP which was better than the Edmunds market value for that vehicle in my area. Check out Edmunds.com and price the FEH and see how the price compares.

camedian 09-25-2006 01:03 PM

One week ago I bought my 2007 FEH FWD in the Sacramento region through Costo Auto Buying Services. The price was $300 over invoice plus $490 dealer advertising fee. I got 0% finance for 48 months with $0 down. The buying experience was good because it only took one hour to finish all the paper work.

A non-Costco dealer quoted $500 over invoice for Costco/AAA members.

I had been checking the dealers' inventory on Ford's web site almost daily for a month before I bought the vehicle. I didn't see much change in their inventory.

melandry 09-25-2006 03:03 PM

Thanks Guys and gals for the info! I appreciate it!

lbaker 09-26-2006 08:51 AM

Hmm...I don't know what options you need, but I live in California, and the MSRP her is $26,500. I just got an 07 FEH, premium package(navigation, heated seats, monochromatic outside color, leather seats) with a moonroof, at an x-plan price of 29,537, with tax, title, and license it came to 32,311. I worked with my dealer and he took off 311 plus included a "fuel saver" and lifetime oil changes and I paid 32,000 out the door, for a fully loaded 07 FEH. So anything is possible

melandry 09-26-2006 11:38 AM

lbaker - just curious what was the MSRP with all those options you listed on your 07 FEH. What was the final invoice? The 29537 you paid - how did that compare to invoice? How did you get the x-plan? Much thanks, :D

Originally Posted by lbaker
Hmm...I don't know what options you need, but I live in California, and the MSRP her is $26,500. I just got an 07 FEH, premium package(navigation, heated seats, monochromatic outside color, leather seats) with a moonroof, at an x-plan price of 29,537, with tax, title, and license it came to 32,311. I worked with my dealer and he took off 311 plus included a "fuel saver" and lifetime oil changes and I paid 32,000 out the door, for a fully loaded 07 FEH. So anything is possible

lbaker 09-26-2006 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by melandry
lbaker - just curious what was the MSRP with all those options you listed on your 07 FEH. What was the final invoice? The 29537 you paid - how did that compare to invoice? How did you get the x-plan? Much thanks, :D

The MSRP for a fully loaded 07 FEH (they call it the premium package) with a moonroof is $31,415--that is the cost for someone who does not have the x-plan-- the dealer invoice price or the x-plan price for a premium package FEH with a moonroof is $29,537, Ford also has an a-plan which is offered to Ford employees and I believe that is 2-3 hundred dollars less than the x-plan. Anyway I got the x-plan through the company I work for. Ford offers the x-plan to employees of companies they partner with, my company makes adhesives which ford uses in the production of their vehicles. So anyone in my family who has the same address as I do can get the x-plan price because of the company I work for.

WaltPA 09-27-2006 04:35 AM

How did you get the x-plan?

Ford has four "employee discount" price plans. A-plan is for active Ford employees, D-plan is for dealers/salesman, Z-plan is for retired Ford employees, and X-plan is for miscellaneous.

Ford is in deep financial trouble, and has asked each of their employees to try to help the company and sell 4 Ford vehicles to their friends and family. To help employees do that sale, their friends and family can purchase their new vehicle at the X-plan price.

So, to buy at the X-plan price, all you need to do is to hook up with a Ford employee, and be one of their four sales. There are websites that help match Ford employees with potential buyers. Kind-of like a date matching service. ;) I posted a link above to just one of those websites. It is pretty easy.

The Ford employee will get you a PIN code. You just go to a dealer, and tell them you are there to purchase a new vehicle on the X-plan. The dealer will ask for that PIN code, and you are then all set.

The X-plan price is fixed by Ford. There is no haggling. Also, the dealer is forbidden to add any extra fees or charges, except for sales tax and your state's registration fees. Simply not having to pay something like a $500 dealer advertising fee, is a BIG savings.

BTW, buying the FEH or the MMH under the X-plan is kind-of new. Up until this year, the hybrids were excluded from the X-plan.

bstewart 09-27-2006 11:04 AM

I got a 2007 FEH back in August for exactly the price (X-Plan) quoted by melandry below ($29537). My dealer even went 125 miles away to pick up the FEH and bring it back to me from another dealer (on the back of a truck) -- no extra fees. All the dealer really gets on these x-plan purchases is a fee from Ford to process it plus the hold-back.

One note -- I also purchased the Ford ESP extended warranty. (I know, some folks like them, some don't) In any case, if you want one, make sure you go to Fordcredit.com and get a quote BEFORE buying it from your dealer. My dealer tried to charge me $500 MORE than what I could buy the EXACT same Ford extended warranty online from Fordcredit.com. You can also get the warranty (online or from the dealer) for 18 mo's, no interest - separate from your car financing. This is the second time I've done this on Ford extended warranties -- don't pay a premium from your dealer. They can match the online price if they want to, or you can buy it online after the car sale.

kenest6 09-27-2006 12:27 PM

Say, I just brought home an '07 FEH,loaded with premium pkg, moonroof, less safety pkg. for invoice $30,480. Not a discount of any type, just shopping around enough online and phones and visits to dealers to negotiate a deal I was comfortable with. You Must Never Pay MSRP Ever!Sticker eas 1800 more! There are too many autos built to over pay,be patient.We're fortunate enough here in NE Pa.to have tons of FEH and MMH to play dealers against each other.PS: Luv this Rig!!!

camedian 10-03-2006 08:53 AM

Starting today there is a $1000 rebate. I should have waited two more weeks. :cry:

WaltPA 10-03-2006 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by camedian
Starting today there is a $1000 rebate. I should have waited two more weeks. :cry:

At least in my area, it is $1,000 or special financing, but the interest rates being offered now, are higher than just two weeks ago.

So, with my 0% financing, I think I might have still made out better. ;)

melandry 10-10-2006 10:48 AM

Well - I bought my 2007 FEH on September 30th. Got a beautiful Vista Blue Metallic model with the Appearance Pkg, Leather Comfort Pkg, and the Safety Pkg. I used the Ford x-plan (thanks Chuck!) and paid the exact x-plan price of $27036.42. (MSRP was $28410)

I financed $26400 for 48 months through Ford Credit at 0% !!!!! So the monthly payment is $550.

So far, after 377 miles, my MPG is 31.7 and climbing (The car had 19 miles on it when I bought it, and the display indicated 13.3 MPG to start - The dealer topped it off with gasoline, so I started with a full tank at 19 miles on the car)

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT - Especially tooling through my neighboorhood at 20 - 25 MPH (being safe!) completely on electric! So quiet! People stop and stare and look like something is wrong with your car for being so quiet!!

Martin:D

WaltPA 10-10-2006 11:10 AM

So far, after 377 miles, my MPG is 31.7 and climbing (The car had 19 miles on it when I bought it, and the display indicated 13.3 MPG to start - The dealer topped it off with gasoline, so I started with a full tank at 19 miles on the car)

I got my MMH at roughly the same time, and under the x-plan too.

My MPG was steadily climbing for the first couple of weeks, about 1 MPG per day. However, once I hit around 32 MPG, it stopped improving. I have been holding steady at 32 +/- 0.5 MPG, for several days (commutes to work).

While I am very pleased with 32 MPG (what an improvement over the 16-17 MPG my previous compact SUV got), I keep reading here about others getting far, far better MPG. I am not too sure if it will ever improve significantly. I am also not sure if what others report, is what they get daily, or just their best (down hill with a 50MPH tail wind).

camedian 10-10-2006 11:59 AM

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT - Especially tooling through my neighboorhood at 20 - 25 MPH (being safe!) completely on electric! So quiet! People stop and stare and look like something is wrong with your car for being so quiet!!

Good for you!

I had a bad experience with my dealer. When I picked up my vehicle, the sales manager said one of the keys was lost. The manual says to program a new key by yourself, you have to have two programmed keys. That means I had to go back to the dealer to cut a new key and program it there. The programming took 40-45 minutes to complete. This was the third time a Ford dealer had lost my key.

The button that holds the seatbelt tongue halfway on the driver side seatbelt was missing. The tongue dropped all the way to the floor, and that was very convenient. Due to safety issues, the dealer couldn't give me a button and let me put it on by myself. They had to replace the whole seatbelt.

I went in yesterday to replace the seatbelt. The job was done after one hour. After I started the car, I found out the new belt didn't have the button, either. The service manager said I would have to reschedule. I complained to the sales manager. He was able to get the service department to swap my sealbelt with a 4WD in their showroom. That took another hour. I am not sure who will be the lucky guy to buy that 4WD.

After the service there was grease on the driver seat, the headrest, the center console, and the backseat, and they scuffed the vinyl around the screw holes. The service manager used a bottle of MotorCraft Triple Clean spray (for exterior only indicated on the bottle) to wiped off some of the grease.

I asked about the new cabin air filter for 2007 FEH. They said it was not in their parts system.

I guess I deserve all these things. After driving the problematic Tempo and Contour, I am still buying a Ford.

melandry 10-10-2006 12:33 PM

It all depends on the type of driving - city v highway, stop -start - coasting, normal versus slow acceleration, etc....

WaltPA 10-10-2006 01:56 PM

I already accelerate slower than a fully loaded concrete truck. Even the 93 yo widow driving an AMC Pacer gives me the finger when she passes me. :D