How much to pay for a 2007 Escape Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 12:27 PM
Enthusiast
Default Re: How much to pay for a 2007 Escape Hybrid?

Say, I just brought home an '07 FEH,loaded with premium pkg, moonroof, less safety pkg. for invoice $30,480. Not a discount of any type, just shopping around enough online and phones and visits to dealers to negotiate a deal I was comfortable with. You Must Never Pay MSRP Ever!Sticker eas 1800 more! There are too many autos built to over pay,be patient.We're fortunate enough here in NE Pa.to have tons of FEH and MMH to play dealers against each other.PS: Luv this Rig!!!

Old 10-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Enthusiast

Starting today there is a $1000 rebate. I should have waited two more weeks.

Old 10-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by camedian
Starting today there is a $1000 rebate. I should have waited two more weeks.
At least in my area, it is $1,000 or special financing, but the interest rates being offered now, are higher than just two weeks ago.

So, with my 0% financing, I think I might have still made out better.

Old 10-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Proud 2007 FEH Owner

Well - I bought my 2007 FEH on September 30th. Got a beautiful Vista Blue Metallic model with the Appearance Pkg, Leather Comfort Pkg, and the Safety Pkg. I used the Ford x-plan (thanks Chuck!) and paid the exact x-plan price of $27036.42. (MSRP was $28410)

I financed $26400 for 48 months through Ford Credit at 0% !!!!! So the monthly payment is $550.

So far, after 377 miles, my MPG is 31.7 and climbing (The car had 19 miles on it when I bought it, and the display indicated 13.3 MPG to start - The dealer topped it off with gasoline, so I started with a full tank at 19 miles on the car)

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT - Especially tooling through my neighboorhood at 20 - 25 MPH (being safe!) completely on electric! So quiet! People stop and stare and look like something is wrong with your car for being so quiet!!

Martin

Old 10-10-2006, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by melandry
So far, after 377 miles, my MPG is 31.7 and climbing (The car had 19 miles on it when I bought it, and the display indicated 13.3 MPG to start - The dealer topped it off with gasoline, so I started with a full tank at 19 miles on the car)
I got my MMH at roughly the same time, and under the x-plan too.

My MPG was steadily climbing for the first couple of weeks, about 1 MPG per day. However, once I hit around 32 MPG, it stopped improving. I have been holding steady at 32 +/- 0.5 MPG, for several days (commutes to work).

While I am very pleased with 32 MPG (what an improvement over the 16-17 MPG my previous compact SUV got), I keep reading here about others getting far, far better MPG. I am not too sure if it will ever improve significantly. I am also not sure if what others report, is what they get daily, or just their best (down hill with a 50MPH tail wind).

Old 10-10-2006, 11:59 AM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by melandry
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT - Especially tooling through my neighboorhood at 20 - 25 MPH (being safe!) completely on electric! So quiet! People stop and stare and look like something is wrong with your car for being so quiet!!
Good for you!

I had a bad experience with my dealer. When I picked up my vehicle, the sales manager said one of the keys was lost. The manual says to program a new key by yourself, you have to have two programmed keys. That means I had to go back to the dealer to cut a new key and program it there. The programming took 40-45 minutes to complete. This was the third time a Ford dealer had lost my key.

The button that holds the seatbelt tongue halfway on the driver side seatbelt was missing. The tongue dropped all the way to the floor, and that was very convenient. Due to safety issues, the dealer couldn't give me a button and let me put it on by myself. They had to replace the whole seatbelt.

I went in yesterday to replace the seatbelt. The job was done after one hour. After I started the car, I found out the new belt didn't have the button, either. The service manager said I would have to reschedule. I complained to the sales manager. He was able to get the service department to swap my sealbelt with a 4WD in their showroom. That took another hour. I am not sure who will be the lucky guy to buy that 4WD.

After the service there was grease on the driver seat, the headrest, the center console, and the backseat, and they scuffed the vinyl around the screw holes. The service manager used a bottle of MotorCraft Triple Clean spray (for exterior only indicated on the bottle) to wiped off some of the grease.

I asked about the new cabin air filter for 2007 FEH. They said it was not in their parts system.

I guess I deserve all these things. After driving the problematic Tempo and Contour, I am still buying a Ford.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:33 PM
Proud 2007 FEH Owner

It all depends on the type of driving - city v highway, stop -start - coasting, normal versus slow acceleration, etc....

Old 10-10-2006, 01:56 PM

I already accelerate slower than a fully loaded concrete truck. Even the 93 yo widow driving an AMC Pacer gives me the finger when she passes me.