Husky Cargo Liner Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 10:11 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Husky Cargo Liner Question

I just got a Rubbertite cargo liner for the FEH. I didn't get the Husky cargo liner because it appears to have a rather tall lip around the edge, which would require me to remove the liner if sleeping in the back with the rear seat folded down.

The Rubbertite is completely flat, no lip, but it's very heavy (10+ lbs) and isn't a perfect fit. Looks like it was roughly cut from a larger piece of material. And I'm not looking to add unnecessary weight.

So I'm debating exchanging the Rubbertite for a Husky cargo liner but still unsure if that tall lip is a real obstacle to a flat floor when you fold down the rear seats. Any comments from someone with the Husky? I do have Husky floor liners and love them.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:32 PM
Ronin
Default Re: Husky Cargo Liner Question

I have the huskey... great when something spills... the high lip is worth it to me. I have slept on it. not a problem, it bends down and I put a thermarest down.

Old 02-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Raven
I have the huskey... great when something spills... the high lip is worth it to me. I have slept on it. not a problem, it bends down and I put a thermarest down.
Can you provide a link? I have searched several websites for a decent cargo liner and all exclude the hybrid model. Thanks

Old 02-23-2007, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by econoline
I just got a Rubbertite cargo liner for the FEH. I didn't get the Husky cargo liner because it appears to have a rather tall lip around the edge, which would require me to remove the liner if sleeping in the back with the rear seat folded down.

The Rubbertite is completely flat, no lip, but it's very heavy (10+ lbs) and isn't a perfect fit. Looks like it was roughly cut from a larger piece of material. And I'm not looking to add unnecessary weight.

So I'm debating exchanging the Rubbertite for a Husky cargo liner but still unsure if that tall lip is a real obstacle to a flat floor when you fold down the rear seats. Any comments from someone with the Husky? I do have Husky floor liners and love them.
The Husky cargo liner's lip folks down when needed under pressure and will pop back into its premolded shape fairly quickly after use. I've carried heavy boxes (unassembled baby crib, chest of drawers, etc.) in my Escape, and the size of the items requires laying them down such that one or both of the Husky liners lips are pressed flat during trasport. They pop right back up and ready for action when the items are remove (thereby not losing the dirt and liquid containing properties some of us also bought our Husky liners for.)

Zero issues. I can easily see putting a Thermarest sleeping bad back there, smushing donw the Husky liner's lip temporarily, and having no issues/uncomfortable bumps.

I bought my Husky liners (front, rear and cargo liner) from AutoAnything. They include the hybrid specific.... check the dropdowns/options.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:37 PM
Ronin

Try This link...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CUSTO...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 02-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Raven
Thank you, that's the one!

Old 02-23-2007, 09:25 PM

Cheaper at AutoAnything, like I recommended. Guess you like paying $10 shipping?

http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-li...A1467A0A0.aspx
AutoAnything.com price: $79.95
FREE SHIPPING
Available in Black, Gray & Tan; be sure to select the dropdown that says "Fits Hybrid sub-model".

Done.

I ordered all my mats there. Arrived well packaged and promptly.

Last edited by GeekGal; 02-23-2007 at 09:26 PM. Reason: link
Old 02-23-2007, 09:53 PM
Enthusiast

Originally Posted by GeekGal
Cheaper at AutoAnything, like I recommended. Guess you like paying $10 shipping?
Guess so! I like paypal and the link. Thanks for pointing out my weekness for overspending!

Old 02-23-2007, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by GeekGal
The Husky cargo liner's lip folks down when needed under pressure and will pop back into its premolded shape fairly quickly after use. I've carried heavy boxes (unassembled baby crib, chest of drawers, etc.) in my Escape, and the size of the items requires laying them down such that one or both of the Husky liners lips are pressed flat during trasport. They pop right back up and ready for action when the items are remove (thereby not losing the dirt and liquid containing properties some of us also bought our Husky liners for.)

Zero issues. I can easily see putting a Thermarest sleeping bad back there, smushing donw the Husky liner's lip temporarily, and having no issues/uncomfortable bumps.

I bought my Husky liners (front, rear and cargo liner) from AutoAnything. They include the hybrid specific.... check the dropdowns/options.
Thanks everyone for the info. I'm going to get the Husky cargo liner, sounds like it will work just fine. I already have the Husky front/rear mats. Got everything from autoanything.com with the EXCLUSIVE10 discount.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Enthusiast

How well do the colors match up? I have the dark grey interior and I'm not sure if a black or a grey liner would look better

Quick Reply: Husky Cargo Liner Question

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands