Hypermiling FE vs FEH

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default Hypermiling FE vs FEH

I'm curious how much better mileage can be had from the FEH vs the standard ICE FE. I drive very differently in my FEH's than I did in my last ICE car (2000 Chevy Malibu) and I am always wondering how much better MPG I COULD have seen in the Malibu if I had really tried. One thing I do know is that I don't get very good mileage if I don't drop into EV mode, so I am assuming the Hybrid system itself is responsible for a lot of any realized improvement. That said, I can get around 44MPG on the highway at 55MPH with the FEH on flat ground, so the Atkinson engine (standard FE is NOT Atkinson, right?) must also account for part of any improvement.

Who out there uses hypermiling techniques to get more mileage on a standard FE? Anyone out there have both and can compare?

RayP