I need to do light towing with our 2007 FEH

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Active Enthusiast
Default I need to do light towing with our 2007 FEH

I don't think Ford does a towing package for this car, but we need to light duty hitch so we can tow a kiyak trailer that holds just 2 x 44 lbs or so. Also, maybe to haul a 1/2 cubic yard of light compost or stuff like that, not more than 300-400 lbs or so. Tell me if you know if this is possible, and how.

Thanks in advance,

Noel

Old 06-19-2010, 08:20 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I need to do light towing with our 2007 FEH

You will have not trouble. Install a 2 inch hitch, connector for trailer lights and you are ready to go. Need more information? Try etrailer.com for details.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:47 AM
Feral Engineer

Do a search here. This has been discussed at length. I have a 2007 with a Drawtite hitch and a wiring kit from etrailer. I haul a small Harbor Freight trailer all the time.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Active Enthusiast

Thanks alot that is good to know.

Cheers,

Noel

Old 06-28-2010, 08:48 AM
Active Enthusiast

I recently installed a hitch and wiring kit from etrailer.com also (on my 07 FEH). I have trailered my 2 dirt bikes a couple of times with no issues (total weight probably 750lb). My fuel economy didn't dive as bad as I though it would either!

Old 06-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Active Enthusiast

Can you give me the kit part #, or does etrailer.com only sell one for the 07 FEH?

Noel

Old 07-16-2010, 05:33 AM
Enthusiast

I have been told that an aftermarket wiring harness will ruin the electronics? Has anyone else heard this? We are extremely frustrated since the owners manual clearly states that the hybrid will tow 1000lbs, but the dealership flatly denies that it will tow anything and refuses to advise us as to the best equipment to use or how to install it. We bought Ford wiring harness for a regular Escape, but it doesn't come with a wiring diagram. Is this harness compatible with the FEH and if so where can you find the diagram?

Last edited by alaskansunbeam; 07-16-2010 at 05:37 AM.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:26 AM
Active Enthusiast

I installed a 2" hitch and lighting kit that I purchased from etrailer.com. Both were very easy to install. I've towed my dirt bikes a dozen times and the FEH does really well. I think this vehicle tows better than Ford thinks it does.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:02 PM
Feral Engineer

Originally Posted by alaskansunbeam
I have been told that an aftermarket wiring harness will ruin the electronics? Has anyone else heard this? We are extremely frustrated since the owners manual clearly states that the hybrid will tow 1000lbs, but the dealership flatly denies that it will tow anything and refuses to advise us as to the best equipment to use or how to install it. We bought Ford wiring harness for a regular Escape, but it doesn't come with a wiring diagram. Is this harness compatible with the FEH and if so where can you find the diagram?
Nonsense. Go to etrailer and order the harness for the Escape Hybrid. You connect one fused wire to your battery and the other connectors plug in inside the taillight housings - no splicing required.

Old 07-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Imported from Detroit

You can get a hitch at U Haul too. Using their online hitch selector it doesn't matter if you put in Escape FWD, 4WD, Hybrid or 4WD Hybrid it comes up with the same Class III #3500 hitch. Never asks if you have a I4 or V6 either. Do you think they know more than the manufacturer??

Quick Reply: I need to do light towing with our 2007 FEH

Contact Us -

• Manage Preferences
  • Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

© 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands