I Need help ASAP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Active Enthusiast
Default Re: I Need help ASAP!

Glad it all worked out in the end for you.

Old 07-19-2006, 02:30 PM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

I recommend writing a letter to Ford. There are plenty of people buying '05's in 2006 that will not qualify for the credit. It is a simple (I think) matter of them "certifying" it with the IRS. If they do so within the next couple of months you can then apply for the credit. Otherwise, there is nothing you can do. It is in Ford's hands so Ford needs to take action.

Old 07-20-2006, 10:53 AM
Enthusiast

Hey, guys look at the IRS web page that discusses "qualified" cars....just before it starts the list of eligible cars there is a sentences that reads (additional vehicles may subsequently qualify for the credt) or something like that....is that my loop hole for my 2005 FEH getting in on the deal? Check it out!

Old 07-20-2006, 11:16 AM
Ridiculously Active Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bunny
Thank-you all for your responses. They were greatly appreciated...well as you know the dealer told me I would get the 2600 back on the car...went home and called IRS...it does not apply...called the dealer back and told them I did not appreciate them being deceptive especially to a woman that comes in to buy a car........called me back the next day...said he did his research and I was right, appologized and took another 2600 off the price!!!!!Yeah!! I was also able to get upgrades that I had not planned on getting on the 06-safety package, apperance package, and leather package, plug in in the console, rear floor mats and retractable trunk cover...I have had the sucker less than 24 hours but I love it!!!!! averaging 28 miles to the gallon so far..I am very happy...i still am thinking about a way to get the tax credit though...once again thanks to all who replied!
Congratulations on the purchase. If you do choose to contact Ford, here's the info. I just happened to have it open in another window on my computer (for a completely different reason... very negative experience @ my first Ford service visit, documented elsewhere here.) LOVE our FEH, btw; the negative experience has nothing to do with our Ford Escape Hybrid, itself.

Originally Posted by http://www.fordvehicles.com/help/contact/
William Ford, Jr.
President, Chairman of the Board & CEO
Ford Motor Company
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, Michigan 48126

Care Of: Customer Relationship Center

1-800-392-3673(FORD)
TDD for the hearing impaired:1-800-232-5952
Monday - Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM local time